SAP FICO Manager
Greater Boston Area, MA
Position Title: Manager, Enterprise Systems - SAP FICO - TRAVEL & EXPENSE FOCUS:
Job Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
Interview Expectations: Phone and In Person Interviews
Local Candidate: Yes
Required Skill Sets:
- SAP FICO Travel & Expense
- Must have management experience
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides leadership for those involved in the development, design and optimization of one or more information technology and systems functions supporting company business processes and technical information systems platforms. Execute technology strategies, policies and procedures. Successfully implement technology-based systems to carry out the Company’ s mission, strategic goals, and business plan.
MANAGER WITH STRONG FICO EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Three to five years’ experience in leading the Implementation, enhancements and support of SAP Travel Expense Management or Concur in a large scale enterprise wide regulated environment. This includes
- Development of business process and requirements
- Planning, technical development, configuration and customization.
- Ongoing improvements
- Software Upgrades
- Documentation and training
- Vendor management
- Experience in SAP FI & CO, integration to PeopleSoft HR, Travel Management and Meeting Management software
- Broad technical knowledge of Oracle Application Express, SAP Web Dynpro and SAP NetWeaver
- Ability to lead the requirements gathering, spec development, configuration, testing, implementation, and support.
- Strong project management and customer/user relationship skills.
- Three to five software implementations that span multiple locations
- Build and support other SAP FI & CO applications as required.
- PMP certification preferred.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce.
- Illustrate highly complex ideas, issues and designs. Facilitate the successful execution of the strategic vision. Lead the development and execution of a comprehensive technical services strategy.
- Review and recommend priorities for new applications, application changes/enhancements, including technology recommendations. Manages all activities relating to the development, implementation and support of assigned systems and projects.
- Technically proficient in enterprise systems and knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Has a larger range within the department.
- Produce comprehensive documents outlining user specifications, business processes, functional specifications, test cases and system recommendations.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Monitors changes in business priorities and resolves conflicting demands of users.Works with business users on project priorities. Manage resource allocations to projects. Forecast and schedule project pipeline based on business requirements and resources availability.
- Lead business and technical resources through the system development life cycle.
- Responsible for feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishments and implementation of new or revised applications systems and programs. Assists in building business case and defines strategies for project implementations.
- Program or project responsibility generally within the function. Manages the operations of one or more departments, direct impact on a specific functional area. Manages the coordination of activities of a section or department with direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers; particularly in problem resolution. Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Provide technical and analytical guidance. Makes recommendations and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions to problems.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Travel up to 25% as required.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Enterprise Systems staff.
Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Programming, systems design, and supervision of systems analysts and programmers in a project environment required.
- Supervision, project planning and management skills.
- Knowledge of general business, programming, accounting, operational systems, systems analysis & design required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with personnel both within and outside the company and at all levels including ability to effectively communicate with sometimes demanding clients.
- High level of analytical, organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Good judgment and timely decision-making abilities, responsibility and accountability.
- Self-motivated individual able to prioritize tasks independently in fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficient using all Microsoft Office products.