100 N Greene St Greensboro, North Carolina 27401
Position Title: Network Engineer
Job Location: Greensboro, NC
Interview Expectations: Video Webex with HM & Team
Local Candidate: Local and non-local candidates welcome
Required Skills: Should have knowledge of Microsoft: Word, Excel, PPT, and Outlook
This position will consult/analyze and deliver on more complex Network Technology, Firewall and Infrastructure assignments for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. S/he will troubleshoot and resolve LAN/WAN, Internet/Extranet and remote access VPN related network incidents involving Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco ASR, Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimization, Bluecoat Proxy, Checkpoint Firewall and Netscout Application Performance Management technologies. S/he will perform analysis of network engineering designs to allow for network optimization and to deliver future network services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Analyzes network tools for potential opportunities to proactively investigate and remediate pending network issues, including monthly review of utilization for all WAN and internet connected locations notifying appropriate teams with trending data.
- Analyzes, identifies and communicates risks with specific IP subnet capacity as part of the IP address assignment tasks and working with team members to provide corrective action.
- Investigates and resolves more complex Service Now incidents escalated to the respective network team members, service desk and infrastructure peer teams.
- Serve as a liaison with vendors and other third-party providers. Participates in daily network incident service review with the on-shore and off-shore teams for turnover/handoff between the afterhours and business hours team coverage.
- Monitors email based alerts and Service Now auto-generated incidents taking appropriate action to proactively and reactively resolve more complex issues.
- Maintains data center and network infrastructure, services, IP network connectivity, IP routing, LAN switching, Wireless LAN infrastructure; investigates and resolves network matters of significance; researches, analyzes, isolates and resolves errors.
- Develops technical documentation and Trouble Shooting Guides.
- Leads and delivers project based initiatives provided by the Network Engineering and Architecture team.
- Acts as a liaison to the internal help desk, other IT and business support teams, as well as customers to validate, confirm and assess data center and network infrastructure requirements.
- Responds to escalation calls for data center and network support issues including afterhours support calls as part of the departmental on-call rotation support schedule.
- Provides technical and operational input into the negotiation of contracts.
- Determines more complex industry best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor' s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor' s) in Computer Science, Computer Information
- Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering (Minimum Required)
- 3 - 5+ Years of network engineering experience, implementing and supporting WAN, LAN, WLAN, Voice, Video, network management and security related technologies and platforms. (Required)
- Demonstrates advanced level understanding and experience with voice, fax, IP network and security protocols, techniques, technologies and deployment strategies and best practices.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle & feel & talk, hear & see.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk & reach with hands & arms.
- Employee must be able to work more than 40 hrs per week.