AML Compliance Specialist
100 N Greene St Greensboro, North Carolina 27401
Position: AML Compliance Specialist
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Local: Local Only
Interview Expectations: Unspecified
Required Skill Set: 3-5+ years of experience within the insurance or financial services industry.
? The AML Compliance Specialist supports and conducts and documents investigations of suspicious incident referrals (SIRs). In addition, he/she is responsible for the review of various anti-fraud and market conduct trend analyses, the investigation and resolution of automated AML alerts, responding to investigation requests from regulators and law enforcement agencies, and developing and disseminating AML.
- Record and monitor suspicious incident referrals received via internal and external sources, including information reported.
- Conduct investigations into suspicious producer conduct and report findings to the applicable distribution channel management.
- Assess the fraud and anti-money laundering risks associated with the reported suspicious incident.
- Perform basic reviews of assigned area(s) of responsibility operating practices and administrative procedures to determine if they are within the company and regulatory requirements.
- File and log mandatory Suspicious Activity Reports and State Fraud Reports independently or upon receiving direction from other team members.
- Create, review and maintain database/spreadsheets for metrics. Suggests enhancements as needed.
- Provide support in the monitoring of life and annuity transactions to identify suspicious activity.
- Provide support in comparing government watch lists to company data.
- Ensures integrity of all documentation produced.
- Coordinate and gather information and documentation in response to suspicious incidents, regulatory and internal audit requests.
- Works with appropriate internal stakeholders to document investigations to completion.
- Independently carry out all tasks and assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- Making suggestions for improvement
- Learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- FINRA 7 required within 6 months of hire date.
- 3-5+ years of experience within the insurance or financial services industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance and/or securities products and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance laws and regulations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Read and interpret documents such as policies, product specifications, and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pick up on non-verbal cues.
- Ability to express complex concepts in an understandable way.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups, with solid presentation skills.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluates trends in analytical data.
- Thinks independently and is an effective decision maker.
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Exhibits high levels of integrity, ethical behavior and professional maturity.
- Exhibits high degree of motivation.
- Exhibits the ability to navigate the organization, operating within the organization’ s formal and informal structures.
- Organize and prioritizes work effectively. Must be able to work under tight deadlines while handling multiple projects.
- Exhibits high degree of flexibility while able to adjust to shifting priorities and be a team player.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills required.
- Strong problem solving and system troubleshooting abilities.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)