32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02421
Position: Accounting Analyst
Location: Waltham, MA
Must be able to interview in person and must be able to work onsite!
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Accountant II assists in the maintenance of one or more accounting systems within the assigned function(s). In compliance with company policies and procedures, the Accountant II reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations, including but not limited to Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow company policies and procedures in the preparation of routine intercompany and/or interdivision reconciliation reports.
- Identify, analyze and interpret data of moderate scope; coordinate with appropriate personnel in the resolution of any discrepancies. Escalate more complex issues as necessary.
- May assist with activities related to month-, quarter-, and year-end consolidations, closings and/or financial statements.
- May assist with activities related to budgeting and forecasting.
- May participate in process reviews, business process analyses and internal control monitoring to ensure compliance with the specifications of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) within assigned function.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Assist with diverse accounting and analytical projects.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor. Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated? nancial statements and reporting packages distributed to senior management for IFRS, management presentation and legal reporting hierarchies.
- Assist Senior Manager of Consolidations and Financial Reporting in the preparation of IFRS reporting requirements to the parent company, KGaA.
- Prepare and analyze all necessary consolidated? nancial reports and analysis for completeness and accuracy and prepare report? les for the submission of U.S. GAAP reporting packages to parent company, KGaA.
- Responsible for the preparation, review and issuance of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated management cash? ow reports and analysis. Prepare detailed movement schedules for asset and liability increases and decreases. Close interaction with operating divisions to reconcile variances.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the SAP SEM upload system for submission of detailed? nancial statements to the parent company. Ability to troubleshoot system errors and resolve as necessary.
- Prepare and monitor consolidated movement schedules including? xed assets, intangibles and intercompany with a? liates.
- Assist with preparation of LTIP Bonus? les as well as reconciliation of LTIP transactions.
- Bachelor’ s Degree required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 5 years’ related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license desirable.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and email applications. Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and corporate performance management (CPM) systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle Hyperion Enterprise, etc.).
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills. Able to handle confidential information in a mature manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.