Analyst - Scientific IS, Biology
250 Massachusetts Avenue Greater Boston Area, Boston 02139
Position: Analyst – Scientific IS, Biology
Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
Duration: 18 months
- Looking for a degree-educated Analyst - Scientific Information Systems, Biology with a good understanding of target and drug discovery, scientific data, and lab workflows, as well as experience with scientific software and informatics in a research environment, to join a multi-disciplinary discovery biology informatics group.
- The successful candidate will work closely with scientists and software engineers to re-define wide informatics systems and meet the challenges arising from cutting-edge research. The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated team player with a strong understanding of biology as well as data management and data analysis needs associated with exploratory research. This person should be capable to collaborate with a community of research scientists to define solutions and have a proven record delivering effective tools to scientists in a research environment.
- Support scientific research with software systems that capture experimental design, enable data analysis and interpretation.
- Collaborate with research scientists and communities specifically in the areas of histopathology and / or in vivo pharmacology to define and identify the right solutions.
- Gather user requirements and perform needs assessments to guide development and selection of software systems.
- Work closely with cross-functional groups (engineers and researchers, management, business analysts), in a highly matrixed organization to build constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization.
- At least 2-4 years of experience in the design and implementation of software systems in biomedical research.
- Documented experience with business analysis is desired.
- The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- A bachelor’ s degree in biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics or other science discipline and/or computer science
Ideally experience working with histopathology and/or pharmacology labs and their data
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Strong customer orientation and the ability to map customer needs to enterprise level systems and data
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to focus on many tasks at once
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to express computer-related information in layman terms
- Strong knowledge of software design and implementation including for complex workflows and datasets
- Strong ability to take initiative and wide latitude for independent judgment
- Strong team player ideally with experience in a global setting
- Demonstrate respect and dignity in decisions, communications, and actions
- Professional communication and interaction with all levels of the organization