Analytics Data Architect
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, MA 02421
Position Title: Analytics Data Architect
Job Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
Interview Expectations: Onsite or Skype
Local Candidate: required or must be willing to relocate
Design, specify and deliver enterprise reporting and analytics data structures to support financial and medical analysis in our Exadata-based Data Warehouse environment and/or in our Cloud-based Big Data Environment. Most budgeted projects are for Data Warehouse implementations – however, cloud analytics projects are increasing. Position may require team leadership or key development contribution or user interaction depending upon the profile of the project.
- At least 6 years functional design, technical design, coding and testing of data acquisition and ETL process.
- Technical leadership of several (3+) person development teams.
- Development and usage of Data Warehousing best practices and standards.
- Data Modeling of both OLTP and OLAP data structures.
- Repeated design/development of large-scale data warehousing environments.
- Design experience with a variety of DW languages and toolsets.
- Exposure to big data projects and practices – preferred.
- Working knowledge of healthcare services industry – preferred.
- Functional/Technical document (specification) authorship in a data warehouse setting. Required. Critical.
- Ability to independently, or with business counterparts, profile, navigate and reverse engineer the data of source application databases in preparation for data and ETL design. Required.
- Graphical and written design of complex ETL processes – including the exceptional. Required.
- Strong SQL, PLSQL development in Oracle and/or SQLServer. Required.
- Process and Data modeling in large-scale data warehousing environments. Strongly preferred.
- Estimation, planning and execution of small-team data warehousing projects. Preferred.
- Hands on skill with common ETL tools – especially Informatica - Preferred.
- Design/Configuration of jobs using scheduling tools like Tidal or Autosys. Preferred.
- Very good written, oral and meeting-based communications in mostly technical settings. Must be able to explain your design/position to multiple audiences. Required.
- Skill in the techniques and tools used for high-volume data acquisition and replication. Strongly preferred.
- Respects timelines and surfaces issues without direct supervision. Required.
- Translate business information requirements to technical structure and specification. Required.
- Leads and participates in code walkthroughs and other deliverable reviews. Required.
- Bachelor’ s degree in MIS, computer science or related field preferred.
- Internal Collaborators: ETL developers, modelers, DBAs, admins, rpt developers, users, production support, solution leads, business SMEs, technical SMEs, middleware