Application Security Specialist
Melville, New York
Position Title: Specialist Information Security
Job Location: Long Island NY
Interview Expectations: Phone and In Person
Local Candidate: Yes
Required Skill Sets: Security and Risk
• Perform application security reviews, vendor/business associate security assessments and vulnerability analyses based on the NIST/HITRUST framework.
• Oversee corrective action plan development, establish remediation priorities, and track status .
• Provide subject matter expertise to developers, engineers, and workforce members on information security risk assessments, IT security policies and standards, and vulnerability remediation.
• Write technical reports based on security review findings and recommendations.
• Bachelor’ s Degree required. Computer Science or Information Security background preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible information security assessment or audit experience, required.
• Working knowledge of IT standards and security frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, NIST, ISO27001, and PCI-DSS, preferred.
• In-depth technical knowledge of Information Security principles and processes, required.
• Attention to detail, excellent writing, documentation, communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with all levels of management, required.
• Certified in at least one of the following: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Security+
• Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) or related certification, preferred