Application Support Programmer II
SchrafftÃ¢ÂÂs City Center 529 Main Street Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129
Position Title: Application Support Programmer
Job Location: Charlestown, MA
Interview Expectations: Phone and In Person Interview
Local Candidate: Yes
Required Skill Sets:
The Application Support team supports business applications used by the organization' s Business areas. The Application Support team is the primary point of contact for all application issues and will triage problems, documents research findings and coordinates fixes with the Application Development team or Vendor support/development teams as appropriate. The Application Support Programmer Analyst II analyses application errors and data discrepancies to determine root cause. In addition, the Application Programmer Support Analyst II provides support of the production SharePoint and ServiceNow applications therefore must exhibit excellent diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Provides support of applications used by business areas including the Web, SharePoint and ServiceNow applications and external member and provider portals
- Responsible for the on-going operations, support and maintenance of production applications.
- Responsible for understanding and supporting the integration points between applications and to provide support of those applications by understanding the business processes they support.
- Provides statuses and problem resolutions between IT and the Business Units.
- Documents the various processes they support in the Knowledge-base and provides ad hoc training when needed.
- Works with business representatives, IT Developers, Vendors and management to ensure supported applications are working as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
- Microsoft SQL certification or coursework
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration certification or coursework.
- ServiceNow Administration certification or coursework.
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in the support of software systems is required, including multi-tiered client server applications and web-based applications, services and objects.
- A minimum of two years supporting .Net and Web applications.
- A minimum of four years experience supporting applications using relational databases such as SQL required.
- Experience with T-SQL, Visual Studio and relational data model.
- Experience with Java Scripting.
- Experience working with vendors and business sponsors.
- Background in the healthcare industry
- Experience with Trizetto Facets or McKesson CCMS desirable
- Experience in a providing support in a technical customer-service role is desirable
- Experience with administering ServiceNow is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and diagnosis skills.
- Ability to identify business needs and business impacts through direct interaction with users.
- Effective collaborative and proven process improvement skills.