Applications Analyst (Sorian, GECB, AEHR)
Community Dr Great Neck, New York 11020
Position: Applications Analyst (Sorian, GECB, AEHR)
Location: Great Neck, NY
(Sorian, GECB, AEHR) / Front Desk / Front-End Registration
As an Applications Analyst, you will participate in the design, development and implementation of healthcare applications. In this role, you will serve as an Analyst to define and implement user-driven system enhancements and modifications.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and maintenance of system applications.
- Uses standard project planning methodologies.
- Uses knowledge of present and planned applications installed or to be installed, has expertise in healthcare applications.
- Applies technical expertise in file/screen building, report writing and maintaining master files, profiles and forms.
- Develops specifications to support the design of new or modified applications.
- Serves as a liaison with user departments in the design, implementation, and modification of applications.
- Analyzes the current environment' s system policies in order to meet Information Services and user expectations.
- Participates in troubleshooting application problems.
- Uses standard problem management methodologies.
- Reviews software problems, analyzes issues and develops potential solutions.
- Documents all software problems, solutions and outcomes for future reference.
- Prepares user defined custom reports.
- Reviews and evaluates user requests/needs and implements the necessary/appropriates changes.
- Documents all programming requests and follows established programming standards.
- Implements vendor system enhancements and custom programs.
- Follows established program change control methodologies for all clinical systems modification and maintenance projects.
- Tests updated systems to ensure quality assurance standards have been met.
- Administers support programs for all facility/function-wide applications.
- Ensures the proper tools are in place for departmental areas to function properly.
- Participates in the administration of training programs for hospital staff on the use of applications for specific departmental needs.
- Uses standard PC Applications to support and communicate activities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Knowledge of Computer Science, IT or related field, as normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor' s Degree, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant computer experience in a hospital setting, required. Healthcare expertise, preferred.