Associate Project Manager, General Healthcare IT
County Hwy-3 Melville, New York 11747
Position: Associate Project Manager, General Healthcare IT
Job Location: Meliville, NY
The Associate Project Manager ensures the goals and objectives of a small project or phase of a larger project are met within the established cost and time-frame. You will maintain the quality of projects and report on all costs.
- Assists in the planning, management, coordination and financial control of an assigned project or phase of a larger project.
- Responsible for working with IS, vendors and customers to develop project stakeholders, roles and responsibilities, and budget.
- Identifies necessary resources including personnel, hardware and software, and makes recommendations for inclusion into the project.
- Collaborates on setting project goals, deadlines and budgets.
- Maintains quality and standards as prescribed and reports on related costs.
- Ensures project or phase meets established timelines/ milestones.
- Reviews status reports and makes recommendations for modification of schedules and/or plans as necessary.
- Confers with project staff and client to provide technical advice and resolve problems within scope of responsibilities.
- Coordinates project activities with department, vendors and consultants as necessary.
- Tracks actual performance against planned project performance and work with project team to understand variances.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years related technical experience including one (1) year of project management experience, required.
- Knowledge of assigned technical area (i.e. Finance, Healthcare, Facilities, Infrastructure) and in a similarly sized IT organization, required.
- Knowledge of project management best practices, as defined by PMI.
- Good communication and presentation skills, required.
- Experience with MS Project or NIKU Workbench; experience with CA Clarity or other PPM tool, preferred.