BI Report Developer
Greater Boston Area, MA
Position: BI Report Developer
Job Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
Interview: Phone & In person interview
Duration: 3 months plus extensions
- Develops, tests and deploys standard reports and dashboards based on business requirement document specifications.
- Works collaboratively with Business Systems Analyst’ s and/or directly with key business users to ensure business requirements and report specifications are documented accurately and completely.
- Follows established SDLC, change control, release management and incident management processes while developing and deploying standard reports.
- Utilizes established BI semantic meta-models in order to drive reporting standards, re-use, quality and reporting simplification. Suggests improvements to the semantic model where applicable.
- Works collaboratively with Project Managers to perform required project tasks with minimal supervision.
- Completes change requests for new reports and enhancements in a timely manner with high quality. Provides technical guidance to business ad-hoc report developers on appropriate usage of the semantic meta-models and BI tools.
- Stays current with the needs and operations of the business functional areas they support; provides recommendations on the availability of existing reports and suggests opportunities to improve reporting solutions.
- Stays current with regulatory requirements.
- Remains technically fluent with new and existing BI tools, process and development techniques. Provides support as needed for software installations and upgrades.
- Participates in user group forums and knowledge transfer sessions.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study.
- Master’ s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of related managed healthcare or insurance operations experience 3+ years’ experience working with Cognos BI tools and frame work models.
- Expertise with relational database concepts, data modeling and OLAP technologies.
- Experience designing and developing database logical and physical data models.
- Experience managing data using ETL tools or scripting languages.
- Experience with SAS or SPSS.
- Knowledge of HEDIS, NCQA, DRG, DxCG or other healthcare data concepts.