900 Chelmsford St, Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 01851
Position Title: BI BSA
Job Location: Lowell, MA
Interview Expectations: Phone, In person (onsite)
Local Candidate: Yes
Required Skill Sets: Requirements gathering, basic reporting skills (can be cognos, SSRS or any other reporting tool)
The Business Intelligence Data Warehouse Analyst will act as a liaison between the business divisions, functional IT teams and the Business Intelligence team. This analyst will lead report requirements gathering with business.
- Gather BI, EDW & Oracle EBS report requirements.
- Become an expert in business processes and the applications used by the business to drive key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Translate business requirements into detailed technical design’ s, ensuring scalable and efficient solutions
- Work in conjunction with IT Teams & other stakeholders to align with the business on prioritization of solution work, providing detailed communication on scheduled progress of work.
- Collaborate with Service team lead /project manager/Stakeholder for work.
- Manage the integrity, structure, and organization of data to maximize its value and accuracy
- Own the development and overall maintenance of technical design documents, including summary, system design, data linage, change controls and signoff
- Provide inputs on Data Models and ETL processes based on business requirements and in-depth knowledge of data sources
- Provide trainings and support to end users on BI systems/solutions.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics/Statistics or another related major field of study
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Business Intelligence as Business Analyst
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills, including thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into technical requirements
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts and relational data models
- Understanding of ETL tools (preferably Informatica) and data transformation
- Experience in Oracle EBS
- Experience in business processes relating to accounting, Account Payable, Account Receivable, quote to cash etc
- Experience with leading Business Intelligence tools such as IBM Cognos, Microsoft PowerBI etc
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using SQL for performing data profiling & ad-hoc data analysis