BI Data Analyst
4040 Nelson Ave Concord, CA 94520
Position: BI Data Analyst
Location: Concord, Ca
Duration: 9 months to start
Must Haves: Data Analysis, BI, PowerBI and SQL
The Data Analyst will play an important role in Project Management digital transformation. We are looking for an analyst to drive rigorous data analysis and to foster a culture of data driven decisions.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and remediation capabilities
- Experience working with data integration, data preparation using multiple data sources
- Perform analyses to expose anomalies to drive operational data quality
- Provide timely and accurate routine data, data analysis and reports to end users
- Participate in analytics and reporting needs discovery, analytics and reporting design
- Understand the business' s analytics and reporting needs and collaborate to create insightful visualizations
- Responsible for design, construction & unit testing of Power BI projects, reports, and visualizations while adhering to architectural requirements of maintainability and scalability
- Build BI reports, dashboards, drill-downs, filters, graphs, etc. on the Microsoft Power BI platform
- Run unit and functional tests to identify and diagnose potential defects and errors
- Review completed code, documentation and other deliverables to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements based on defined expectations
- Participate on projects to design, develop, troubleshoot and debug
- Creativity and vision to organize data, KPIs in meaningful presentation formats to deliver key messages
- Manage and manipulate multiple large data sets including defining populations and variables, performing calculations and summarizations
- Provide key information critical to decision making, leverage advanced analytical development, and database skills to deliver value to key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to ensure that any system changes will not adversely impact data, reports or database integrity
- 5+ years of experience delivering enterprise BI solutions
- 2+ years of recent experience designing and developing data-driven views, reports, objects, hierarchies, filters, dashboards, metrics and visualizations on the Microsoft Power BI platform
- Has demonstrated the ability to use rapid prototyping and iterative design processes to evolve a solution
- 5+ yrs. experience gathering business requirements, translating the requirements into technical report requirements, defining functional specs for BI reporting, and collaborating with architects, developers and testers.
- 5+ years of experience developing complex SQL, able to create multi-table joins and use analytical SQL functions
- Proficient working in a fully Agile (SCRUM) BI environment.
- Sharp Attention to Detail: precision and vigilance to ensure accuracy.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in a technical field such as Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
- 2+ years of experience working with Planview, Jira
- Excellent communication skills, listener and influencer
- Self-motivated and can work independently in a fast paced environment