BI Solutions Lead
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 01810
Position Title: BI Solution Lead
Job Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
Interview Expectations: Phone followed by In Person Interview
Local Candidate: Yes
Required Skill Sets:
- Experience with Large BI/analytical implementation life cycle projects
- Experience with data design for large enterprise environments
- Ability to write specs/status updates
- Experience managing or leading a team to develop a solution or product - should be well-informed on current BI technologies
- Project management
- Healthcare preferred
Seeking a BI Solutions Lead to lead Clinical and Financial BI projects for a large healthcare organization. This person will work closely with users to gather requirements, do hands-on work on BI projects, and coordinate with/lead others involved in the projects.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead the technical design of the solution
- Engage with IT and outside resources.
- Lead and direct the development teams in technical decisions
- Engage architects and other tech experts at the right points in the projects, including design reviews
- Lead delivery of the solution
- Lead and confer with business analysts and other technical teams to determine the best technical solution to meet requirements.
- Act in the capacity of a technical lead to other developers and for development initiatives by providing decision for technical architecture, and architectural reviews, development and SIT
- Own the BRD; may be authored by a BSA
- Own the Tech Spec (TSD). May engage others to develop content for some (or all) sections
- Manage projects or in larger solutions work closely with the Project Managers
- Early performance tests to validate the design decisions
- QA, UAT, deployment coordination
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND RELATED SKILLS:
- 5 years overall Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse experience
- Deep competency in Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse methodologies required.
- Expertise in BI tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, LogiXML, Microsoft BI technologies.
- Expertise in data warehouse design and development
- Expertise in RDBMS such as SQL server, Oracle, Netezza
- Business process knowledge in multiple business process area desired, especially around healthcare vertical.
- Experiences with at least 3 large full life cycle BI projects
- 5+ years of experience in application development or technology management, demonstrated skills in configuration management, data management, information management, IT architecture, systems life cycle management.
- Experience on designing and architecting BI solutions
- Experience in providing architecture strategy, and technical project management, leadership and guidance.
- Experience with interacting directly with the business stakeholders and users to present project status, address architectural topics, and participate in resolution of project risks and issues.
- Experience assessing impact of change requests against resources requirements, time constraints, version and release control and functionality.
- Attention to detail
- Process oriented
- Ability to prioritize/ self-manage
- Strong written and oral communications
- Ability to identify alternative approaches/solutions to risks and issues
- Knowledge of reporting, data analysis and forecasting algorithms
- Exposure to environments with continuous integration, automated testing and agile software development a plus
- Computer Science degree. Master’ s degree a plus
- Technically diverse and experienced. Know the tech options.
- Large BI/analytical implementation life cycle (not really into university setting type of experience)
- Data Design Skills / knowledge
- Ability to act as a BSA on smaller projects
- Customer Facing Experience
- Can write Specs / status updates
- Managed / Led a team to develop a solution or product (i.e. project management and communication skills)
- Should be “ well-informed” on current technologies
- Must be technical (can’ t just be functional)
- BI Development background a plus (can understand conceptually how to develop reports)
- Must be a strong Team Player – needs to be considerate of Team - can’ t focus on self, should emphasize team effort
- Must be passionate about BI, Analytics and Data
- Prefer passion for healthcare
- Can handle tough conversations
- Energetic and have the ability to control conversations / Enthusiastic about BI
- Ability to drive solutions to completion
- Must be able to articulate business objective
- Diplomatic when working with less than enthusiastic IT partners / can handle different personalities
- Knows how to set appropriate expectations with business users
- Vision on how to evolve the solution or product to bring more value to the business
- Must be flexible in their thinking/approach
- Comfortable with “ push backs”
- Low Drama / Likeable