Business Analyst (SuccessFactors)
100 College Street New Haven, CT
Position: Business Analyst (SuccessFactors)
Job Location: New Haven, CT
Interview: Phone & In person interview
Duration: 5 Months
The Sr Business Analyst will leverage expertise and knowledge of SuccessFactors Performance Management and Recruiting Management to identify opportunities and suggest innovative yet practical solutions to meet business needs. He/she will be responsible for the implementation, execution and oversight of related HR projects, programs and initiatives that align with strategic priorities focused on Employee Digital Experience and Data Quality. The ideal candidate is passionate about implementing creative solutions and demonstrating the effectiveness through measurable outcomes. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment, and who has strong project management skills, HR systems knowledge and great execution. The candidate will need a strong sense of urgency and excellent attention to detail. We are looking for a hands-on person able to deliver and drive excellent quality and results to support our HR strategy.
- Serve as the Sr Business Analyst for the Performance Management and Recruiting Management processes by driving and executing enhancements to the system and process design, testing and change management efforts.
- Manage project tasks including plan updates, communications, risk management/mitigation, and ensuring on time delivery of milestones associated with system upgrades, enhancements and integrations.
- Provide timely reporting on project status to the HR PMO and critical stakeholders by keeping accurate project records.
- Facilitate consensus on the business need, quantifiable business benefit, anticipated cost and timeline, stakeholder commitment, and success criteria by documenting business cases and benefits realization.
- Work closely with the HR teams, cross-functional business and technology teams to analyze and capture end-to-end business processes, make recommendations for process improvements, design solutions and implement process changes to deliver world class employee experiences.
- Manage Role-based Permissions within SuccessFactors including granting of appropriate permissions and creation of new roles as needed in alignment with HR Data Access Governance model.
- Document, design and develop reports that accurately reflect internal customer requirements and support business operations.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand new report requirements; provide data definition and interpretation to ensure the results meet business needs.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of HR systems, processes, features, and capabilities by performing business analysis and data analysis as needed. Partner with IT, HR and the business to document system requirements, develop test plans and execute the testing while tracking issues to resolution.
- Promote an environment of continual improvement within human resources team, ensuring fulfillment of its mission by providing objective perspective on progress, priorities and directions while managing expectations.
- Bring new ideas, methods, and approaches to the HR team. Leverage knowledge and expertise to challenge current methods and drive decisions and actions necessary to improve business processes. Maintain a strategic perspective while focusing on problem identification and solutions.
- Example Projects Include
- Designing/modifying performance management systems and processes (e.g., designing and integrating performance appraisal and recognition programs)
- Supporting the implementation of an HR analytics platform
- Developing communication and implementation plans (and supporting materials) to facilitate change management efforts
- Creating and executing testing plans and related documentation.
- Knowledge of Success Factors Performance Management and Recruitment Management Modules.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in strategic HR engagements or HRIS teams to include functional assessments, strategic operating model development, performance improvement, data analytics, compensation planning, audits, ERP/HCM implementations, systems testing, ACA compliance and regulatory compliance efforts.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools supporting the organization’ s defined Project Management methodology.
- 4+ years SuccessFactors functional experience (or similar HCM system) including Performance Management and Recruiting Management
- In-depth knowledge and experience defining project scope, team building, defining business requirements and functional/technical specifications
- Previous experience with HR analytics efforts. Ability to analyze large sets of data and communicate findings to others.
- Interest in modern HCM tools and their usage within HR departments. Experience with SuccessFactors, ServiceNow, ADP or similar ERPs will be preferred.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated attributes to thrive in environments that reward self-initiative and resourcefulness.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong ability to see the big picture and think strategically while enjoying getting things done.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting priorities. Manage time effectively to meet aggressive deadlines as needed.
- BS or MS degree in HR Management or related fields.