Business Intelligence Developer
920 Winter Street Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts
Position: Business Intelligence Developer
Location: Greater Boston area
Must Haves: SQL
Interview: Must be able to interview on site
The Business Intelligence Developer works with data and analysis tools to meet customer needs.
The Business Intelligence Developer will:
• Collaborate with the lead architect and customers to define business requirements.
• Develop data, reports, and dashboards to meet business requirements.
• Provide estimates, project and deliverable status, and communicate to managers.
• Build and execute unit and integration test plans.
• Support agile processes for fluid delivery of data, information, and analyses to the customer.
• Troubleshoot BI tool problems and provide technical support as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Ability to synthesize business issues into technical solutions.
• Experience writing complex SQL.
• Knowledge of database design principles including integrity, normalization, and indexing.
• Knowledge of data warehousing.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Ability to follow instructions.
• Ability to learn quickly, enjoys the challenge of learning.
• Comfortable working with abstraction, as in table-driven programming.
• Comfortable working in alternative ways, cares more about improvement than “ fitting in”.
- Bachelor’ s degree; Computer Science, MIS or Mathematics are preferred majors.
- 3+ years relevant work experience working in a business intelligence developer role.
- 1+ years working in healthcare or life sciences preferred.
- 3+ years with Microsoft SQL Server or other RDBMS systems.
- 1+ years with Qlik Sense or another Business Intelligence user analysis web tool.
- Skill with object-oriented programming, and Microsoft Excel will also be helpful.