Business Intelligence Developer - Clinical
1550 W McEwen Dr Franklin , Tennessee 37067
Position: Business Intelligence Developer – Clinical
Job Location: Franklin, Tennessee
Required Skills: Past Epic experience
The Business Intelligence Developer (BID) will create analytics content based on specifications created by Cogito business analysts (application reporting leads) in conjunction with the end-user. The BID will also be responsible for maintaining all crystal templates/reports and SlicerDicer data models associated with the ambulatory application.
- Meet with Cogito business analysts (CBAs) and report requesters to understand their data needs.
- Build and maintain Epic analytics assets including crystal templates/reports for the ambulatory application.
- Identify and review the appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs
- Create reports, using a third-party report writing tool such as Crystal reports, to display Clarity data.
- Works collaboratively with the customers and teams in the testing phase and ensures the final deliveries of extracts and reports meet the needs of the customers.
- Write SQL for custom SQL metrics.
- Modify existing reports, as necessary.
- Create/maintain documentation supporting any clarity/caboodle report within the application that the BID supports.
- Manages status updates on a weekly basis by keeping task and project management tools up to date (such as TFS, Salesforce, and Sherlock).
- Analyze statistics and/or metrics to troubleshoot and trace report issues to a root cause.
- Distribute Clarity reports to report consumers using Epic-Crystal integration.
- Peer review other BID reports for validity.
- Test report build in a specified testing environment and volume testing in live environments.
- Review upgrade documentation (NOVA notes) related to Clarity features and released Crystal reporting content and determining how to implement the changes.
- Provide extracts when requested.
- Support SlicerDicer models related to the ambulatory application.
- Supports additional reporting tools such as Business Objects, WebI/Universes, SSAS, SSIS, Registries, predictive models/cognitive computing, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Aptitude to handle multiple tasks, projects and issues at the same time.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who is willing to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution with little or no supervision.
- Works professionally and collaboratively with others
- Critical thinking and an analytical mind
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Crystal Reports, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Universes/ WebIntelligence Reports
- Proficiency with SQL and relational database concepts
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience with report writing tools
- Deep understanding of the ambulatory Epic application/workflows, and database structure
- Deep understanding of the clinical data model
- Ability to understand data structures that could benefit the entire reporting environment
- Custom Caboodle development experience is a plus
- ETL development experience is a plus
- Certifications/experience in other Epic applications (such as cadence/prelude/healthy planet) is a plus
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Clinical Information Systems, Informatics, Information Technology, or Sciences, Health Information Management, health care related field (or equivalent job experience plus 5+ years of experience in Health Information Technology can be substituted in lieu of degree).
- 5 years of progressive healthcare industry experience preferably in a hospital or major medical center clinical setting, including business systems report writing experience and/or IT system deployment experience as a clinical analyst, business analyst or systems analyst with multiple technology implementations preferred.
- Experience with Epic clinical reporting. At least 3 years of experience designing, building, testing and supporting Epic clarity reports.
- 3+ years of Epic clinical report writing experience.
- Epic Clinical Data Model Certification
- Epic Caboodle Development Certification is strongly preferred
- Epic certification for ambulatory fundamentals strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of outpatient ambulatory workflows.
- Experience in reporting within various Epic modules, including Epic Ambulatory, Central, HIM, Cadence, and Prelude.
- Experience with the following is highly desirable: Cogito Tools Administration, Caboodle development.
- Experience with SDLC a must, exposure to Agile/SCRUM practices is ideal
- Must travel one week per month (Mon AM-Thurs PM) to Nashville office.
- May require travel to customer sites in addition when the need arises.