Business System Analyst
One Columbus Plaza New Haven, Connecticut 06510-3326
Position: Business System Analyst
Job Location: New Haven, CT
Interview: Phone & In Person Interview
Type: contract, possible extension. Potential to go perm.
Duration: 12 month
Professional level Analyst who demonstrates an advanced knowledge of business areas to resolve problems, assess current state vs. future state and perform gap analysis. Works as a Senior team member on multiple projects; provides program requirements for multiple individuals; Ability to act in a lead role. Provides internal consulting assistance and analytical support on insurance, fraternal and financial administrative systems processing. Reviews and analyzes system enhancements, new products, production support initiatives, program modifications and administrative procedures recommending changes, improvements and implementation requirements. Coordinates, consults, and leads Business Analysts of varying levels to convert operating/user department data, storage, maintenance, database analysis and report display/generation of data requirements into business specifications for software program design and compilation by the programming staff and software vendors. Ability to manipulate and work with large amounts of data and various data models and be able to interpret and recommend actions based on that data.
- Analyzes and evaluates incoming business requests to provide realistic effort and time estimates of software development impact based on technical knowledge and expertise.
- Recommends procedural and business process workflow changes and improvements and program modifications to improve system accuracy and efficiency.
- Provides technical alternatives to help solve problems or assist in new system design/enhancement.
- Lead other Business Systems Analysts, Business Analysts and Business Partners on IT Projects with specific focus on the technical, data, and system requirements.
- Establishes criteria for business specifications to meet needs.
- Reviews operating department requests to determine feasibility of tasks; suggests alternatives as necessary.
- Complies reviews and approves testing criteria and test cases to assure new functionality and regression testing is included.
- Performs testing as required.
- Performs data mapping and data research to evaluate imbalances and propose corrections to technical team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with data analysis and data mapping.
- Proven track record of full end-to-end participation in SDLC and JAD processes.
- Comprehensive understanding and detailed knowledge of back-office functions.
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint (Intermediate to Advanced level).
- Ingenium, Life70, IDM are a plus, nice to have.
- BS or BA in related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in business analysis, vendor collaboration and related insurance industry experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certification: IIBA certification is preferred, nice to have.