Business Systems Analyst (Web Applications)
32 Hartwell Ave Boston, MA 02421
Senior Systems Analyst (Web & Mobile Applications)
Execute analysis, document requirements and create specifications, and make design recommendations. Collaborate with business and technology partners to analyze system logic and operational processes and procedures to develop recommendations that will solve end user problems and shape new functionality.
- Interview business partners to understand project objectives, use cases and requirements.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop business and systems requirements, user interface design, data modeling, systems designs and systems interface specifications.
- Prepare detailed requirements documentation and specifications including use cases, context diagrams and business process flows.
- Maintain objectives, requirements, use cases and specifications so they remain correct.
- Recommend changes to existing systems design to achieve requirements.
- Assist the technical team and quality assurance group with the creation of test cases, and act as primary triage coordinator for questions and defects.
- Work with business partners and technology team to define, coordinate and execute User Acceptance Testing.
- Perform data mining and data analysis in SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Participate in project scoping, sizing and estimating.
- Understand vision, goals and direction of team/organization.
- Coordinate and work with geographically distributed team
- Identify inefficiencies, conflicting business practices and integration issues, and suggest alternative solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in systems analysis and design of Web applications.
- Experience with Mobile applications would be a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated Expertise (“ DE”) producing Functional Specification (FSD), and assisting with Technical System Design (TSD) documents
- Experience writing User Stories & Epics for web and or mobile applications. Proficiency with Agile SDLC and JIRA.
- DE in system analysis and design, including requirements gathering, documentation, data mining and functional design.
- Skilled at analyzing User Experience.
- Skilled at using SQL queries in SQL Server and Oracle environments.