Business Systems Analyst
8801 Indian Hills Dr Omaha or Atlanta, Nebraska or Georgia 68114
Position: Business Systems Analyst
Job Location: Omaha, NE or Atlanta, GA
Interview Expectations: 2 parts - 1 phone screen and 2nd interview will be onsite for local candidates and phone/WebEx for non - local candidates.
Local Candidate: Local and non - local candidates
Duration: 12 Months
Required Skills: Finance or Insurance Industry Experience
- 5-7 years’ experience.
- This position will consult/analyze and deliver on more complex Business System Analysis assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- S/he will act as a resource to applicable internal/external stakeholders.
- S/he will also consult and collaborate with business stakeholders to define and validate more complex information technology solutions that meet the needs, goals and objectives for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Consults and collaborates with internal and/or external stakeholders to determine more complex technical specifications from business requirements.
- Develops more complex technical solution requirements for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Using structured requirements process, clearly articulates, documents and validates more complex technical requirements.
- Consults and acts as a resource to appropriate internal/external stakeholders to assess and deliver proposed more complex technical solutions which meet business requirements which may integrate process, business rules and business data with technology.
- Collaborates effectively with appropriate stakeholders on more complex issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality and risk of assigned projects.
- Determines and recommends the most appropriate technical response to identified more complex problems, issues and/or defects by assessing impact and prioritization.
- Provides more complex technical research and analysis to support business operations needs and presents findings to management or project leader.
- Escalates more complex issues/conflicts to management as needed.
- Provides a more complex understanding the business usage of information technology (IT) and helping technology add value to the business.
- Involved in End User Testing
- The functional analyst role is specific to the project technical tracks and is not utilized on the functional tracks.
- Analyze the business needs/problems to ensure all solution components developed or modified fit as intended into the current business and system architecture
- Development of software requirements: planning, prioritization, and traceability to downstream, upstream, and cross track efforts.
- Responsible for facilitating and defining solution concepts, guided by Architect vision, for development
- Develop technical/software requirements that meet the business’ s needs through a documented logical solution that is guided by the architect’ s vision
- Conceptual solution design including integration points, data analysis, configuring, mappings, relationships, and conversion rules
- Conduct source system data analysis
- Provide interface requirements (system and UI)
- Support all testing efforts on technical tracks
- Support downstream disciplines to ensure requirements are understood and met
- Provide expertise on GP systems and underlying functionality requirements