Business Systems Analyst Manager/Director
1325 Boylston St. Boston, MA 02215
Position: Business Systems Analysis Manager/Director
Location: Boston, MA
Interview: Phone & In Person
Defines the strategy of the Business Systems Analyst team, identifies capabilities required, and ensures capabilities are built, and promoted across the organization to increase departmental credibility and trust. Manage the Business Systems Analyst Team in collecting and analyzing moderate to complex information systems and business process solutions that support the development of IT systems to achieve strategic business goals. As the primary point of contact, the Manager, Business Systems Analysis overseas and consults on a variety of projects to ensure the attainment of our data management and software objectives, including implementation of business rules in software applications, data integrity, data security, and corporate wide availability of all corporate data. Key liaison between high profile clients and the Technology Teams. BSA Manager will monitor all in-flight projects, understand the industry trends to shape skills for the future, continuously iterating on best practices for the BSA capability.
Business Relationship Management/Cross Departmental Collaboration
- Build strong relationships with Senior Management Team, AVP/Director-level leadership, as well as business Subject Matter Experts (SME) to improve customer support capabilities and trust in analyst capabilities.
- Manage and provide direction to business systems analysts who interface with management, users, and clients.
- Plans and implements BSA service strategy to support business and user needs.
- Acts as major liaison with other departments to identify the business system meets the enterprise' s needs.
- Supervise, hire, develop, coach, evaluate and mentor staff. Defines objectives, goals with team, performance appraisals, career development, etc. Holds associates accountable for work by setting expectations, achieving commitments, providing feedback and evaluating effectiveness.
- Lead analysts in building center of excellent around analysis
- Identify, develop, champion process, tools and system methodologies that are to be used throughout the organization and provide guidance and support to lower level analysts.
- Serve as support to CIO in quasi-“ chief of staff role” - to define strategy, face off to senior leadership, serve as communicator to internal and external leadership
- Act as CIO’ s strategist to assist in staff planning, vendor management, process definition, and IT strategy definition
- Represent CIO in leadership sessions as needed
BPM Methodology Practitioner
- Understand business process management as means to analyze and define business needs and process.
- Lead the identification of processes and data requirements driving the development of business process, data models; development of prototypes, mock-ups to visualize end user experience.
- Ensure that business requirements are translated, simplified, analyzed and tracked from inception to production roll-out.
- Using techniques such as sampling, model building and structured analysis, ensure the solution is efficient, cost effective and financially feasible.
Team Leadership with Ability to Serve as Individual Contributor: As Bandwidth Dictates, As Means to Coach/Mentor
- Drive and improve the practice of Business Analysis discipline. Identify, select and implement best practices and techniques to gather, document, streamline, and improve business processes and business rules.
- Ensure efficient and effective practice of facilitation sessions to elicit business requirements and business rules.
- Lead solution discovery sessions with the client stakeholders and subject matter experts as a means to elicit solution requirements, both business and functional.
- Contribute to the design and development of new systems, often working and consulting with Business Leaders, Developers and Architects to develop the optimal approach and solution.
- Support project implementations and enhancements and troubleshoot production and project issues, and recommend corrective action to lead the resolution efforts.
- Develop specifications, business rules, business use cases, diagrams and flowcharts for programmers to follow.
Knowledge of PMO Methodologies To Enable Adequate Prioritization of Requirements
- Recommend and negotiate prioritization of requirements based on cost and business goals. Engagements involve a combination of platforms, processes, and technology.
QA Methodology Practitioner
- Collaborate and coordinate with Quality Assurance staff to ensure full validation of functionality and performance according to the specifications and business rules. Secure fulfillment of requirements as discussed during scope sessions.
- Ensures the appropriate Business Analysts assigned have the required knowledge and skills to deliver quality and timely solutions.
- Initiate changes to the analysis and QA testing sections of our system development methodology.
- Comfortable presenting in front of senior level executives
- Able to drive consensus amongst clients and peers and influence them
- A problem solver, fixer, and a creative thought leader
- Leadership experience
- Experience managing business systems analysts
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Ten years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seven years of experience with collecting, documenting and analyzing business, systems, process and data requirements, including workflow analysis and design and data and business process modeling.
- At least three years of software testing and software development lifecycle experience
- Ability to manage, coach, develop and motivate a technical work group
- Strong project management skills, including ability to set and adhere to project plans, meet deadlines, prioritize work, delegate and follow-up, an manage expectations
- Strong written and verbal communication, including technical writing, and strong interviewing and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to lead requirement gathering, systems design, and coordinate development and testing efforts required for project
- Ability to understand and analyze complex systems and data
- Must be innovative, creative, resourceful, and be a quick learner
- Strong sense of urgency and be highly motivated
- Ability to partner, build and manage relationships with external and internal customers
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Outlook, Excel, MS Project, and ability to use various software applications and business analysis tools.
- Experience using structured/relational databases, including SQL, ALM, and SharePoint preferred
- Maintain and grow knowledge of the business systems analyst discipline and apply these principles to work projects.
- Bachelor’ s degree