Business Systems Analyst (Web Apps)
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston, MA 02421
Position: Business Systems Analyst
Location: Greater Boston Area
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 1 year to start
This company is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to:
- Analyze business and all other data processing features for application to electronic data processing systems.
- Responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and issues to automate or improve existing systems
- Review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations.
- Collaborate with the Business stakeholders and end users to understand and document their requirements from the product and help meet the requirements using the product features.
- Collaborate with the IT teams to facilitate the development and/or refinement of integration modules to support the product implementation across business units.
- Assists with drafting, reviewing, and outlining system/report specs and UI/UX and their alignment with overall system spec standards
- Help with operational aspects and support of the end user reported issues with the product during the post implementation.
- Assists in formulating and defining small project/system scope and objectives and developing detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the company' s system architecture standards.
- Participates in evaluating existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Assists in conducting feasibility studies and may participate in recommending new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs.
- Provides basic coordination and analytical assistance to development and business project team members which may include interpretation of requirements.
- May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing.
- Ensures compliance to departmental and company processes or procedures related to supported systems.
- Self starter with a demonstrated pride of ownership of the business analysis and product implementation deliverables/commitments.
- Ability to work independently and time management
- Formal Business Analyst certification preferred.
- Equivalent work experience in lieu of certifications will be considered.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in business system analysis of 3rd party products. Knowledge of computer software, such as Java, SQL and office productivity suites.
- Familiarity and competency in standard SDLC processes including experience with working in large teams in agile and/or Waterfall development paradigm.
- Knowledge of software like JIRA is preferred.
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Work experience in lieu of formal degree will be considered.
- 5-7 years’ experience in business analysis with product implementation as a key scope required.