Clarity Report Writer
Position Title: Clarity Report Writer
Job Location: Woburn, MA
Interview Expectations: phone & in-person
Local Candidate: yes
Required Skill Sets: Familiar with SQL. Report writing experience. Clarity, Meditech or Picis experience. Healthcare experience.
The Reports Analyst utilizes multiple EHR systems in building reports required by the organization. The Reports Analyst assists in the analysis, planning, design, creation, and maintenance of simple to complex reports/database projects.
Essential Functions including but not limited to:
- Creates reports sourcing database observations from numerous tables (including but not limited to observations on documents, flowsheets, and patient demographics or visit information). Able to query clinical databases using SQL query logic and map out the dependencies and connections among hundreds of source tables and views using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Analyzes clinical & financial data contained in the EHR database and to identify data reporting issues with existing and proposed system tools; works with other CID colleagues to ensure data collection requirements meet the current build specifications
- Documents detailed specifications for each report including both the technical specifications and a summary of the report.
- Completes thorough unit testing of all build prior to handoff for functional and/or integrated testing. Also facilitates functional and integrated testing as requested as well as Creates and provides documentation as required to the testing and training team
- Provides end user support pertaining to reporting during implementation; able to serve as a reporting expert to assist in application roll-out
- Create and edit Stored Procedures, Views, Functions and Queries on SQL Server to pull require data for reporting purposes using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Develops dynamic reports enabling the end users to define numerous parameters that allow users to filter and aggregate as required. Also creates custom reports that allow end users to drill down for more detail.
- Configure and create packages for report distribution using Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio’ s Integration Services.
- Creates SharePoint sites, lists, libraries, calendars, web part pages, dashboards, etc.
- Creates Crystal Reports
- Documents and reports system issues to EHR Analytics & Reporting Manager
- Proactively identifies and communicates barriers to completing work requirements
- Assists in the preparation of demo materials for workflow decisions or new system functionality
- Participates in on-call coverage as assigned by department lead/manager
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the system.
- Achieves and maintains certification according to organizational standards
- Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize system potential
- Bachelors Degree in a related field OR 8 years of related experience in addition to the experience requirement shown below
- Capable of managing multiple priorities at once.
- Self-starter and motivator.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Able to teach others and serve as a mentor to develop departmental colleagues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs; specifically Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Baseline knowledge of SQL Server Business Intelligence.
- Knowledge of current Stage 1-3 ARRA hospital and outpatient requirements.
- Familiar with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes.
- Able to pull data from numerous sources and build reports that are both accurate and meaningful.
- Knowledge of process redesign.