Clinical Information Systems Specialist
400 East Main Street Mount Kisco, New York 10549
Position: Clinical Information Systems Specialist
Job Location: Mount Kisco, NY
As a Clinical Information Systems Specialist, you will assist in the evaluation and implementation of clinical IT projects, systems and initiatives at departmental and enterprise levels in support of in-patient medical records. You will also collaborate with clinicians in the development of design specifications for new or modified clinical applications.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Assists in the evaluation and implementation of clinical IT projects, systems and initiatives at departmental and enterprise levels.
- Collaborates with management and clinicians in designing, implementing and maintaining clinical applications (i.e. Sunrise Clinical Manager, McKesson, etc).
- Assists in the development of design specifications in support of new or modified clinical applications.
- Assesses workflow related processes/requirements and facilitates system enhancements/modifications to meet clinical needs.
- Acts as a liaison between clinical and information technology staff to ensure alignment of clinical requirements and IT capabilities. Promotes a positive working relationship and works to find solutions.
- Assists the Director in evaluating proposed projects and forming recommendations. Ensures quality execution of all proposed projects.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of hospital information systems including registration systems, prescriber order entry, electronic medical records, Pharmacy, Radiology and Laboratory information systems, Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) and analytics.
- Graduate of a Physician Assistant Program, required.
- Licensed Registered Physician Assistant by the New York State Department of Education, required.
- Master' s Degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse AND a Nurse Practitioner in New York State, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in CIS project implementation and the use of electronic medical records; results reporting, computerized provider order entry, clinical decision support, clinical documentation, provider adoption and engagement, required.
- Knowledge of Allscripts applications (i.e. Sunrise Clinical Manager), highly preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve/escalate issues, required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on understanding value of clinicians, required.