Clinical Pharmacy Analyst
The Systems Analyst – Pharmacist role is accountable for analysis, building, testing and implementation of computer systems in a healthcare setting. These systems may include, but are not limited to, functionality to support clinical, fiscal, IS and business operations. The system implementation may be changes or new functionality within a site’ s current system or the implementation of the system at a new site. This is the second level of a three level career path.
Typically works with end users, managers, line management and senior management on efforts with a medium level of complexity. Incumbents in this role design system components, write specifications, estimate work, define solutions, perform system build and create system level documentation.
The Systems Analyst is viewed as a respected resource within the department and within the larger organization. Participation as a member of the On Call support team is required in this position
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- 3+ years pharmacist experience; Hospital experience preferred.
- 2-3 years Analysis and Design experience.
- PharmD required.
- Team Player.
- Facilitation skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated interest in Healthcare Technology and interaction with Electronic Medical Records.
- Mastery of program development tools such as editors and configuration tools.
- Proven ability to utilize knowledge of computer systems and data structures to develop system solutions.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.