Clinical Project Manager
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02421
Position: Clinical PM
Location: Greater Boston Area
Interview: Phone and In Person is Required
Local Candidates Only.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Looking for a Senior PM with experience in the healthcare industry. Provide senior project management leadership for IT and the enterprise ensuring ownership, accountability and governance of critical project efforts. Provide guidance on best practices and standards for all IT projects. Participate in formal portfolio management review of all IT projects assessing risk to timeline, budget and customer satisfaction. Conduct ongoing process to review and assess impact of changes to project scope, determine potential options and ensuring appropriate escalation, selection and approval of final decision. Participate in process to recommend options to adjust project priorities to optimize resources and manage project portfolio risk. Lead multiple projects and facilitate activities of suppliers, developers and interdepartmental relationships to ensure that predetermined specifications and timelines are met. Mentor and/or assist other project managers as requested. Supports our client’ s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide senior project management leadership and direction of large critical projects
- Manage IT projects of all sizes and complexities.
- Participate and/or lead quality team efforts to continuously improve processes and methodologies resulting in improved IT efficiency and project delivery in terms of time, budget and customer satisfaction.
- Provide project management guidance and governance for IT related projects by monitoring project activities, ensuring appropriate escalation and reporting of timeline status, risk assessment and budget variance.
- Establish, maintain and communicate best practices around project management technique
- Develop and maintain project plans for various IT related projects
- Manage issue tracking and resolution for IT projects
- Manage project resource scheduling and participate in overall resource scheduling activities
- Facilitate cross-functional project team meetings and discussions ensuring appropriate participation, team focus on objectives and documentation and communication of agreements and conclusions.
- Establish communication plans for projects and ensure adherence to those plans maintaining appropriate communication to all project constituents and stakeholders.
- Manage risk assessment and mitigation process for IT projects.
- Prepare management activity and progress reports on IT related projects.
- Ensure adherence to established project management methodologies and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in MIS, Computer science or related field. Master’ s degree preferred. PMP Certification Required. Experience in healthcare industry required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILL
- Must have PMP and CSM.
- Must have at least ten years experience in project managing information technology / software development projects.
- Healthcare experience is preferred