Clinical Release Manager
Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts
Position: Clinical Release Manager
Location: Greater Boston Area
Duration: 12 months
Must be local - must be able to work onsite and interview in person
Must have prior release experience
Summary: This company is seeking a Release Manager to coordinate and communicate all aspects of the Clinical Enterprise Applications release. A typical Release Manager is responsible for understanding the projects, coordinating the environments where code will be delivered for those projects, managing the change control process and ensuring the code is deployed.
- Own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and responsible for all Clinical Enterprise Change Management activities
- Manage the implementation deployment schedule for projects, enhancements and maintenance tasks.
- Lead changes of approach to systems and processes within the Clinical Enterprise space Advise and assess the impact of projects on Service Delivery Ensure all projects adhere to a strict change control process to minimize any adverse effects to the environments and its end users.
- Accountable for maintaining the integrity of all IT system environments by ensuring strict release and change processes are followed by development and support teams throughout the release cycle.
- Accountable for ensuring integration and prioritization of development and maintenance environments for changes are scheduled and aligned. Responsible for management of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs.
Role and Responsibility:
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across the Clinical Enterprise portfolio Manage risks and resolves issues that affect deployment of code into complex environment
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, in-house developed applications or operating system updates
- Communicate all deployment plans to Sr. Leadership
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews
- Produce Deployment and RunBook plans *Weekly Release Reporting to Portfolio team
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors. *Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in Clinical Portfolio Review meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs