Clinical SME Informaticist - Ambulatory
1550 W McEwen Dr Franklin, TN 37067
Position: Clinical SME Informaticist - Ambulatory
Location: Franklin, TN
Type: 12 months Contract to start - possible conversion to Full Time
Required: Epic Amb, preferably from a community Connect implementation
ROLE: Clinical SME Informaticist
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports organization’ s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
The Clinical Informatics SME focuses on the information, workflow, customer demo and training assessment needs for the delivery of patient care and education through the integration and Epic applications and the Nephrology ambulatory clinic related clinical disciplined customers.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
Under the supervision of a Lead and applications management, the primary responsibility is to provide design and Works with the Epic electronic health record (EHR) build teams to ensure smooth transition from design decisions to build within the applications. Supports the EHR governance committees and other operational groups in decision-making. Serves as an advocate for change within their area of influence. Devises practical solutions to technology challenges in a way that compliments information and clinical workflows for all clinicians. Leverages clinical knowledge of processes, workflows and evidence-based practice to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of interrelated systems.
- Responsible for driving the company culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Providing sales support and delivering Epic demo’ s
- Maintains ongoing positive solution driven interdepartmental collaboration - frequently working directly with clinical staff and physicians at the point of care to foster collaboration, buy-in, improved adoption/consistency, and optimization of patient care delivery systems.
- Facilitates discussions amongst multiple stakeholders in a fashion that motivates others to work towards common objectives and process standardization even with no direct reporting authority.?
- Conducts workflow gap analysis and presents departmental workflow challenges to leaders and project team members to find workarounds or technology solutions.
- Serves as a facilitator of projects to solicit interdisciplinary end user input for analysis of current state, identification of process gaps, design of future state, incorporating of clinical best practices, and ongoing enhancement of clinical system processes.
- Assists with selecting appropriate education methodology, developing plans, designing curriculum materials, training end users and supporting the transition into the new system or process.
- Assists in design of electronic data capture and data analysis to identify opportunities for system optimization to improve clinical quality outcomes.
- Coordinates across clinical application teams, entities and SMEs to define integrated clinical workflows with lab, radiology, patient portal, etc.?
- Works closely with internal departments to provide accurate, timely, consistent ambulatory information and reporting which enables informed decisions related to improving performance?
- Collaborates with the reporting team to design, develop and create an integrated and effective reporting structure across the health system.
- Assists in the triaging of requests for new reports or modifications to existing reports.
- Works with internal resources to engage in continuous quality improvement and educational activities related to the analysis of health care data.
- Works with database administrator and report writers to develop and document common methodologies, definitions, and databases for analytic reporting, ensuring accuracy, eliminating duplication of effort and providing a forum for sharing ideas and creative problem solving.
- Applies data integrity standards to the analytics process.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor' s of Science degree in medical or allied health
- Professional licensure in a medical or allied health area of study (e.g., nursing, radiology, laboratory, physical therapy, pharmacy) required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- An Epic Certification; EpicCare Ambulatory preferred
- Multiple EMR systems knowledge
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the configuration relationships between sub-systems, applications, modules, etc.
- Competency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience working with interfaced/integrated multi-vendor applications
- Experience working with clinical information systems or system implementation teams for complex projects and/or application development
- Minimum of three (3) years recent clinical practice experience required. Formal or experience-based knowledge of education and information technology analysis, design, implementation and support preferred.