Cloud Data Architect
Position Title: Cloud Data Architect
Type: 4-6 month Contract
Remote: Onsite Required
Interview: Phone and In Person Required
Requirements: Pharma, Cloud (AWS) or big data. NTH: Shift, AWS Glacier. RWE not required
This organization is in the process of establishing Real World Evidence Center of Excellence (RWE CoE) and is creating technology solutions to support this new business capability. The Data / Business Analyst will be crucial to build and transform RWE technology. Working closely with the RWE scientists you will help surface, capture, and develop technology strategies for supporting their evolving needs. Being a technology partner, you will be responsible for the definition, establishment and ongoing evolution of the next generation technology platforms for RWE.
This person will help validate the architecture is correct, and create data flow diagrams and other requirements and standards documentation. They will help with the data management and how the data flows through the system, as well as work on data access / data governance. This person will also work with RWE analytics vendors on proof of concept initiatives.
- Work with RWE scientists and leaders to define and evolve our RWD platform for data acquisition, storage, transformation and analytics. Integrate RWE Data technology strategy with the enterprise data strategy.
- Work with a team to finalize the design and architecture of the next generation RWD solutions and see through to implementation.
- Propose, document, and validate end-to-end data management process within AWS stack (Redshift) including hot/cold storage paradigm
- Relationship management: Partner closely with both enterprise RWD stakeholders, notable the RWE CoE, as well as the internal IT team and suppliers.
- At least 7 years functional design, technical design, coding and testing of data acquisition process.
- Design experience with a variety of DW languages and toolsets.
- Ability to work with the business to define requirements and work with the technical teams on the architectural plan.
- Strong documentation skills. Experience creating data design documentation, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Experience on a project building a cloud-based platform for pharmaceutical or clinical data. Understanding of the data acquisition process.
- Project management abilities to drive a project forward.
- Experience working directly with vendors to gather information
- Ability to work and lead efforts independently as well as within a diverse team environment
- Development and usage of Data Warehousing best practices and standards.
- Repeated design/development of large-scale data warehousing environments.
- Exposure to big data projects and practices, specifically AWS (Redshift/Snowflake, EC2 vs. S3, etc.)
- Experience architecting a platform that will scale.
- BS or MS in Science or Engineering, MPH a plus
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Business knowledge is a plus: Understanding of the relevance and potential and RWE for pharma and have a working knowledge of RWE data sources (claims, registries...) and RWE methods for data analysis.