| Fully Remote
Category: Cloud, Database/Data Warehousing, Healthcare IT, IT Business and Systems Analysis
Job Number: 15516
Position: Collibra Engineer
Job Type: Direct Hire or Contract to Hire
We are looking for an experienced Collibra Engineer who will be responsible for the technical accountability for the organization' s metadata assets. The incumbent will ensure accuracy and high availability of metadata assets within Collibra. This role will be also responsible for integrating and supporting data quality scores and developing dashboards within Collibra. Collibra Engineer will work closely with Data SME and business stakeholders to understand their metadata needs and ensure necessary technical documentations are created.
While this enterprise role will support multiple data domains, we are seeking a Collibra Engineer with an extensive understanding of data management activities, have ability to execute business decisions, implementing business requirements in Data Governance tool, identify and work in resolving any integration issues, and process stewardship work flow in DG Tools.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Set up Communities, Domains, Types, Attributes, Status, and Workflow.
- Ensure appropriate standards and best practices are adopted while creating metadata content within Collibra DGC.
- Demonstrate complete technical understanding of the asset responsible for within DGC.
- Ensures appropriate user access policies are implemented as defined by the data owner.
- Ensures Data SME’ s are defined for each corporate data asset.
- Ensures scheduled re-synchronization of metadata from Tableau, SQL Server, Azure, etc., is reflecting within Collibra platform.
- Ensures data quality scores are reflected and maintained within Collibra and work alongside technical teams to resolve any issues.
- Ensures data consumers receive metadata information associated with the specific dataset
- Follows change management process for the maintenance and enhancement of datasets.
- Ensures any changes to the metadata definitions are logged and auditable.
- Facilitate the documentation and approval of metadata definitions, data profiling and data lineage for the data domain and create a community across the enterprise.
- Support stakeholders in utilizing DG tools through sharing of best practices and demonstrations.
- Hands-on work with Data Owners, Data SME
- Support others in the daily use of Data Governance tool(s) and ensure adherence to Data Governance Standards at MGB.
- Use the MGB’ s values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Abilities And Competencies
- 5+ years of experience with Data Governance/Management.
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, organization, analysis, distribution etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with modern data management tools (e.g. Informatica, Collibra, Trillium, etc.). Preferably Collibra.
- Experience with healthcare data a plus.
- Experience understanding technical specification documentation.
- Solid understanding of data structure, integration and relational database design.
- Able to quickly adapt and learn in an ever-changing technical, contractual, and regulatory environment.
- Prior experience developing and implementing data governance policies and procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word etc.).
- Bachelor’ s degree or combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- Excellent stakeholder-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly.
- Analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build consensus across teams, with staff and leadership.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skillsets, backgrounds and levels within the organization.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal.
- Requires minimal direction from leadership.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.
Meet Your Recruiter