Communication & Training Specialist
8801 Indian Hills Dr Omaha, Nebraska 68114
Position Title: Communication & Training Specialist
Job Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Interview Expectations: Unspecified
Local Candidate: Candidate must sit in Omaha & request is limited to local Candidates
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communication and Training
- Prepares agenda items and communication material for a variety of meetings; prepares charts and statistical information as needed
- Researches and drafts written content for internal newsletters, brochures, flyers, websites, and general communication materials.
- Develops procedures, manuals and/or visual aids to meet objectives of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develop and/or create software simulations, videos, podcasts, job aids, e-learning modules a range of alternatives to instructor-led training
- Serves as a trusted resource and ensures communication and training materials, plans and/or programs reflect business needs and organizational readiness of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with appropriate internal/external stakeholders to address more complex communication and training gaps to optimize organizational performance.
- Supports and participates in collaborating with and leveraging key internal relationships, departments and divisions, to meet end-user needs
- Uncovers issues and suggests and implements changes to procedures, processes and plans to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Actively contributes to the strategy of the project team
- Articulates and advocates for the work of the project
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement- Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor’ s Degree (Degree in English, Communication, or Training Development preferred) or equivalent work experience (5-7 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- Functional knowledge aligned with area of expertise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, including the ability to interact with general partners and other leaders of the firm
- Demonstrates personal initiative, strong interpersonal and advanced project management skills
- Demonstrates organization and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Group Protection products and concepts, practices and procedures used in the industry highly desired
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint
- Knowledgeable in the use of e-learning tools
- Demonstrated experience in virtual training methods including WebEx and video software preferred
- Drives performance targets to completion
Additional Job Requirements:
- Specialist will be responsible for creating PowerPoint decks for the Project Lead to use to communicate project results and status to senior executives.
- Sample powerpoint will be required during the interview process.
- Experience with Captivate is highly preferred
- Advance knowledge of PowerPoint
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite