Compensation Program Specialist
920 Winter Street Boston Area, MA 02451
Position: Compensation Program Specialist
Location: Greater Boston Area
Job Type: CTH
Duration: 1 year to start
- The Compensation Program Specialist will be charged with working with our Domestic and Global Compensation teams on a large scale job catalogue transformation project in conjunction with our Workday implementation.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- The Compensation Program Specialist supports the Senior Compensation Program Manager in providing technical expertise, project management and ongoing oversight of the design of the Global Job Catalogue which involves the development of the companies core jobs and associated attributes related to compensation (i.e. grades/ranges) and compensation related regulatory elements.
- In addition to the main data collection and aggregation project, the Compensation Program Specialist will assist with coordinating activities between Job Catalogue, Compensation, and various other workstreams in the development of the Job catalogue.
- The Compensation Program Specialist will also support ongoing projects and initiatives to build and maintain technical tools and applications to support the Compensation team’ s daily tasks and projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with various HR contacts across all companies geographies gathering and synthesizing information/data that will build the global job catalogue.
- Management of the job mapping and/or employee mapping database(s).
- Work with the global job catalogue team, including external vendor counterpart(s) to prepare materials that will facilitate socialization of job catalogue design and implementation activities.
- Collaborate with project leadership to gain input/verification/approvals for key deliverables and/or gaining support for key decisions.
- Assist in project activities between workstreams that are interdependent to the global job architecture team including, but not limited to Workday Data Conversion/Integration, Process, CMCT, Compensation, Talent, etc.
- Work with staff to plan agendas, identify meeting participants and schedule meetings.
- Work closely with the Compensation Data Team to identify areas of other projects where Global Job Catalogue and other Workday initiatives must be considered.
- Support ongoing projects and initiatives to build and maintain technical tools and applications to support the Compensation team’ s daily tasks and projects.
- Preferred candidates will have background in areas such as general human resources, compensation and have strong knowledge of companies organization structure, and jobs/job analysis.
- Knowledge of HR systems a plus.
- Strong Excel and database skills required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- International travel may be required during the duration of the Workday Implementation project.
- Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 4 – 6 years’ related experience related to compensation, Job Catalogue is preferred.
- Experience as a Project Manager preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- HR Systems experience/knowledge such as Peoplesoft or Workday is preferred but not required
- Computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and email applications, as well as advanced level Excel and database skills required.