Cyber Security Analyst
1295 Boylston St Boston, MA 02215
Position: Cyber Security Analyst III + IV
Location: Boston, MA
Must Haves: Bachelor’ s Degree and/or 4 yrs + exp, Hands on exp with Snort. Experience with HIPAA, PCI-DSS, or similar regulations are preferred. SANS certifications and CISSP certification a strong plus.
Interview: Must be available to interview on-site
- Developing security architectures, reviewing system designs for potential vulnerabilities and recommending security features and improvements. This position provides analytical and technical security recommendations to other team members and clients
- Incident response and leading investigations of security events, providing analysis results and developing and implementing remediation plans.
- Identifying new security concepts, technology, and practices and introducing them to the organization and system environment.
- Maintaining awareness of current security vulnerabilities of hospital IT infrastructure and proposing plans to address them.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or other related field and 4 years of directly related experience. Directly related experience may substitute for education.
- Hands on experience with Snort and familiar with rule development
- Must have an analytical propensity and possess strong written documentation skill
- Extensive knowledge of various networking protocols is required (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, TLS, HTTP, HL7, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with common security tools and products (e.g. IDS/IPS, NGFW, WAF, SIEM/Log management, auditing/vulnerability assessment, forensics) and relevant security certifications are strongly preferred
- Experience with HIPAA, PCI-DSS, or similar regulations are preferred
- SANS certifications and CISSP certification a strong plus