DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS - CLINICAL SYSTEMS S/W DEVELOPMENT
32 Hartwell Ave Boston, Massachusetts 02421
Position Title: Director, Enterprise Systems - Clinical System S/W Development
Job Location: Greater Boston Area
Interview Expectations: On Site
Local Candidate: Required
Required Skill Sets:
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Develop and execute technology strategies, policies and procedures. Successfully implement technology-based systems to carry out the Company’ s mission, strategic goals, and business plan. Provide expertise in a variety of IT concepts, practices, and procedures while providing leadership and management of direct reports from diverse Information Technology fields and business partners.
CLINICAL SYSTEMS S/W DEVELOPMENT FOCUS:
- Knowledgeable in a variety of Software Development processes such as Waterfall, Kanban, Scrum, SAFe, etc, and know how to navigate projects with hybrid processes and teams
- Understand and appreciate the benefits of software development best practices (TDD, CI/CD, Junit,...), be comfortable in mentoring, rolling out and enforcing these processes
- Knowledgeable in large enterprise architectures, high availability, SOA, integration patterns, cloud capabilities, containers, and modern frameworks that enable such architectures
- Experience with clinical systems, EMRs/EHRs/PHRs, healthcare interoperability, and rules and regulations that apply to development (HIPPA Compliance a plus)
- Experience with Change Management in large organizations, introducing and managing change at a 360 level
- Leadership skills focused on fostering growth for each team member to reach their potential for the benefit of our customer, the clinicians, and ultimately our Patients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of current technology in the communication of the company’ s mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned business units.
- Convey highly complex ideas, issues and designs. Facilitate the successful execution of the strategic vision. Lead the development and execution of a comprehensive technical services strategy. Communicate with senior management on project status.
- Direct and control the broad activities of the business units through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional areas.
- Strategic leader with broad-based knowledge in individual departments, and strong knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Evaluate and recommend information systems strategies to members of management.
- Review and recommend priorities for new applications, application changes/enhancements, including technology recommendations.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to assigned project managers and staff in the design, development, maintenance, and enhancements of business applications and related technologies.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and training of business users, and operational control and security of all local and remote users.
- Prepare management activity and progress reports on all department systems analysis and programming activities.
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommendation and implementation changes of current methods.
- Significant organizational impact responsible for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommending and implementing changes to current methods. Ensures that budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Provide direct formal supervision to department staff establishing mutual goals and expectations at the beginning of the appraisal year, providing continual informal performance feedback during the year as well as being responsible for the formal annual performance appraisal process for the employees. Responsible for functions related to recruiting, hiring, firing, and disciplinary action for the department staff.
- Interacts with all levels within the organization to manage functional area. Overall responsibility for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 10+ years’ related experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Manager; or 5+ years’ experience in a senior managerial role.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interaction with personnel both within and outside the company and at all levels including ability to effectively communicate with sometimes demanding clients.
- Proven applications and technical knowledge, including relevant hardware and software systems of a large-scale enterprise systems.
- Proven leadership, organizational, and planning skills.
- Application management and development expertise.
- An ability to negotiate vendor product features, functions, and schedules, on behalf of the company.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.