Data Architect (PostgreSQL)
150 N Radnor Chester Rd Radnor, Pennsylvania 19087
Position: Data Architect (PostgreSQL)
Location: Radnor, PA
This is for a strong Database Engineer with Development experience specifically with PostgreSQL DB role supporting Distribution and Marketing development projects. In an Agile or Kanban environment, will develop and deliver projects as scheduled in the Product Backlog.
- Role – Strong database engineering skills with emphasis in PostgreSQL; Database design, development and implementation experience as well AWS, JSON, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server. Experience in one or more of the following preferred: Informatica, Java, Amazon Web Services and / or Data Analytics.
- Specialized technical knowledge of the PostgreSQL DB platform
- Design and development experience building a reusable REST API model/framework to consume data from and/or push data into PostgreSQL DB (or similar technology)
- Design, recommend and implement best practices for Rest API integration framework/model
- Develop PostgreSQL and API prototypes and proofs of concept
- Develop Java snippets in PowerCenter to provide PostgreSQLinteraction
- Implement PostgreSQL Management Service for automating a variety of tasks, including backup/recovery and performance management
- Assist developers in detecting performance problems
- Experience in complex SQL data extraction on Mainframe DB2; Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server environments
- Experience mentoring DB development team (On and off site), providing status reports of all product work
- Experience in custom or structured ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience in data system testing and validation procedures, automation programming, and documentation
- Extensive experience in requirement gathering process with the ability to translate into written documents
- Experience with project delivery in an Agile or Kanban environment within the financial services/insurance industry and ability to work with others in a strong team environment; ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management and the Pod, through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Proven ETL experience with Informatica and / or Amazon Web Services.
- SQL Server 2016 experience is added plus