Data Integrity Specialist
200 Technology Sq. Boston, Massachusetts 02139
Position: Data Integrity Specialist
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: 18 months
Must be able to work onsite
Must haves: Data Integrity, SQL, PL/SQL, database management
The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated and independent team player with understanding of Data Quality and Data analysis, advanced skills in SQL and PL/SQL, knowledge in modern Web technologies, background in Database Management and Integrity, QA and automated testing. Understanding of drug discovery process or prior experience in Biotech or pharmaceutical companies and willingness to rapidly learn database technologies on an AWS cloud would be a big plus.
- Important aspect of Data Integrity Specialist role is to analyze assay data and metadata for the correctness, completeness, integrity and high quality.
- Work to ensure that data flow properly across systems and databases, and is represented adequately in data reporting/visualization application so that it provides value to the scientific community.
- Conduct fact findings to identify specific data integrity/ consistency issues. Document findings in appropriate system (such as JIRA, Nebula Confluence, SharePoint and others) and provide detailed analysis of the issues identified- where problems occur and why. Collaborate with the other teams as appropriate toward specific issues resolution.
- Develop and/or execute large-scale proactive and on demand data quality assessments to validate consistency between source systems and various data warehouses. Develop recommendations to address Scientific Data Integrity issues and collaborate with data warehouse team to implement Data Integrity issues remediation.
- Development and maintenance of automated tools data for Data Integrity and Consistency function.
- Support scientific initiatives/projects/collaborations with the scientists in DAs, informaticians in developing complex queries, scientific data analysis, and issues with scientific data propagation throughout research data workflows.
- Bachelor degree in Technology or Computer Science or Bachelor degree on Biological Sciences.
- Advanced Data analysis and Issue Troubleshooting skills.
- Certified Oracle Developer and/or Oracle Database administrator. Advanced skills in SQL and PL/SQL. Working knowledge in database tools for data access and analysis (Toad, SQL Navigator). Knowledge in NoSQL databases. Understanding AWS cloud technologies, products and solutions is desirable.
- Expertise in Java, Java script and Json is desirable
- Basic knowledge and experience with XML and XSD.
- Hands on experience in QA, Data Integrity and development of automated testing/ quality checks.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical companies or biotech environment is desired.
- Ability to rapidly learn systems involved in modern pharmaceutical research, understand their back-end databases and data flows between them as well as comprehending business requirements.
- Proven effective communication skills, ability to collaborate with other IT groups; excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team