Data Management Design Lead
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02421
Position Title: DW ETL Design Lead
Job Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
Interview Expectations: Onsite required
Local Candidate: required
Design, specify, and deliver enterprise reporting and analytics data structures to support financial and medical analysis in our Oracle Exadata-based environment. Position may require team leadership or key development contribution or user interaction depending upon the profile of the project.
- At least 6 years functional design, technical design, coding, and testing of data acquisition and ETL process.
- Technical leadership of several (3+) person development teams.
- Development and usage of Data Warehousing best practices and standards.
- Repeated design/development of large-scale data warehousing environments.
- Design experience with a variety of DW languages and tool sets.
- Working knowledge of healthcare services industry-preferred.
- Functional/Technical document (specification) authorship. Required. Critical.
- Oracle Exadata DW appliance ETL development skill via SQL and other tools. Understand Oracle Exadata ETL best practices. Preferred.
- Ability to independently, or with business counterparts, profile, navigate and reverse engineer the data of source application databases in preparation for data and ETL design. Required.
- Graphical and written design of complex ETL processes – including the exceptional. Required.
- Good SQL PLSQL development in Oracle and/or SQL Server. Required.
- Process and Data modeling in large-scale data warehousing environments. Strongly preferred.
- Estimation, planning and execution of small-team data warehousing projects. Preferred.
- Hands on skill with common ETL tools – especially Informatica. Preferred.
- Design/Configuration of jobs using scheduling tools like Tidal or Autosys. Preferred.
- Very good written, oral and meeting-based communications in mostly technical settings. Must be able to explain your design/position to multiple audiences. Required.
- Skill in the techniques and tools used for high-volume data acquisition and replication. Strongly preferred.
- Respects timelines and surfaces issues without direct supervision. Required.
- Translate business information requirements to technical structure and specification. Required.
- Leads and participates in code walk throughs and other deliverable reviews. Required.
- Oracle Exadata certification. Preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree in MIS, computer science or related field preferred.