Desktop Support Specialist
200 Narragansett Park Drive Pawtucket, RI 02862
Position: Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Duration: 6 mo contract + possible extensions
Interviews: must be available to interview on-site
Required: 2 yrs+ previous experience, proficient with both Window and Mac OS, experience with desktop imaging.
We are looking for a Desktop Support Specialist who will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of personal computers, operating systems, peripherals, and the installation of software packages for the Windows and Macintosh environment. This person will be providing technical assistance, support, problem determination and resolution, as well as participating in system user training.
- The role allows for a unique skill set of both tester and managing Mac user expectation within the network.
- The analyst will work closely with the network and deployment teams and provide alternatives and solutions for Mac users.
- Application level knowledge.
- Provide direct technical expertise and support necessary to maintain various Information Systems and computer systems throughout Hasbro.
- Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment
- Prioritize daily tasks and coping with unscheduled tasks
- 2 years’ + experience providing Level 1 Support
- Highly proficient utilizing both Windows and MAC Operating Systems.
- Previous experience using Macs and illustrate prior experience around testing interoperability within a PC centric network
- Advanced troubleshooting abilities on Windows and Apple hardware.
- Minimum of two years of computer experience in a networked environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good analytical and problem resolution skills