| Fully Remote
Category: Healthcare IT, Software/Application Development and Architecture
Job Number: 19108
Position: DevOps Manager
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months +
- 6 – 8 years’ related DevOps experience.
- 3+ years’ supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
- Skilled in overall system architecture and design.
- Awareness of emerging technologies.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills and methodologies.
- Team building experience. Experience with motivating and mentoring employees and conducting employee reviews.
- Experience with agile/scrum and Kanban.
- Experience working with other technical managers, senior management, and internal and external clients.
- Experience managing a highly available (99.9%) public-facing, SaaS application, with a focus on configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Champion a DevOps culture of systems thinking, an amplified feedback loop, and continual experimentation and learning
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters
- Coach, manage and hire a high-performing DevOps team
- Lead efforts to identify and build out necessary development, QA, and production environment
- Analyze and resolve problems associated with servers, hardware, applications, and software
- Partner with developers to provide operational environment expertise
- Be responsible for sections of a highly performant, stable, and scalable environment
- Actively monitor system operations to maintain good system health, including application/system up time and remote diagnostics
- Ensure that Client Services and other internal teams receive timely support for escalated issues
- Drive continuous improvement within Scrum team by focusing on engineering excellence
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen our technology platform and development practices
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers; particularly in problem resolution.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- other duties as assigned.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.