Digital Transformation Program Manager
352 Knotter Drive New Haven, Connecticut 06511
Position: Digital Transformation Program Manager
Job Location: New Haven, CT
Duration: 5 Months
Interview: Phone and In Person
- Seeking a Digital Transformation Program Manager to lead the execution and implementation of an enterprise-wide framework, and platform in a cloud-based environment to transform our business, enhance user experience and drive adoption. This individual will lead the program of work to align, streamline and integrate our processes and business applications designed with the user in mind.
- This individual will provide oversight and management of individual project workstream leads and partner with business colleagues, functional leads, IT, Finance, Legal and Communications leads to accomplish key transformation objectives impacting various parts of our business.
- The ideal candidate will have successfully led large-scale, complex projects delivering system conversion, enhancement and upgrade deliverables, have experience with user experience design methods.
- Do you have a passion for implementing creative digital solutions, have a strong thought leadership and process mindset, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? If yes, let’ s talk.
- Lead and deliver a program of large-scale, cross-functional initiatives to grow and evolve capabilities by understanding current practices, discovering opportunities, incorporating end users in the solution creation process, delivering results, and validating business value realization.
- Lead project management resources in the creation and build of initiative/workstream plans and ensure execution of defined outcomes.
- Lead the identification and development of business requirements, functional design, user experience design (journey and persona mapping), process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Define scope and objectives, managing resourcing and budgeting, assigning individual responsibilities, managing accountability, managing project plans and roadmaps, identifying and managing dependencies and risks, tracking initiative health and performance and managing governance, and ensuring information is disseminated appropriately.
- Work collaboratively with other project management resources and workstreams across the business to ensure alignment, proper prioritization, and manage collisions while tracking key delivery dates across multiple workstreams. Manage prioritization and collision across various initiatives by influencing key internal partners.
- Work with subject matter experts and business leaders to design enhanced processes, user experiences, organizational structures and systems to enhance our operating delivery model with the focus of “ being” digital.
- Create clear, effective, and detailed deliverable content, including written, visual, and oral deliverables, which are informed by research, analytics, and stakeholder meetings
- Present content and facilitate solutioning sessions to drive toward a decision and validate that decision with leadership to drive progress.
- Drive usage of common tools, templates, and processes to build consistency across projects.
- Provide regular project status updates on the progress of key transformational work to both the teams and to executives, crafting the message as necessary for the specific audience needs and desires.
- Continuously review resource allocation, burn rate for consultant spend, and tech specs to ensure " on-time, on-budget, on-strategy" delivery.
- Maintain project documentation program-wide including tracking key decisions, change requests, etc.
Competencies & Qualifications
- This role will require strong leadership to advise, lead, sequence and deliver large, cross-functional initiatives, and has the added responsibility of interfacing directly with senior level team members across the business to ensure alignment on the transformation strategy.
The ideal candidate will have
- A minimum of 10 years’ of program/project management experience with proven ability to successfully lead large-scale, enterprise-wide projects with information technology and business process implications.
- A minimum of 5 years’ of hands-on human capital experience leading various workstreams to complete functional assessments, develop future state strategic operating mode, implement new core technology while ensuring adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Passion for leading transformational work in a highly fluid and complex environment with demonstrated ability to formulate and adapt strategy and approach based on changing business conditions.
- Expert level proficiency in value stream mapping, process capability analysis, data collection and analysis, financial impact, root-cause identification, etc.
- A track record leading a matrixed team to achieve initiative goals and objectives while operationalizing resources based on the needs of the various workstreams.
- Previous experience with People analytics and data quality efforts. Ability to analyze large sets of data and communicate findings to others.
- Expert level ability to build strong networks, negotiate, collaborate, and demonstrate influence in resolving conflicts and/or neutralizing organization resistance to change.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and influence key decision makers, change and build relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Bachelor’ s Degree Required