Director, Clinical Ancillary Informatics
New Hyde Park, New York
Position: Director, Clinical Ancillary Informatics
Location: New Hyde Park, NY
Duration: Direct Hire
Interviews: Phone / In Person
Director Clinical Information Systems
- You will work collaboratively with both Information Technology leadership and the clinical community to supervise evaluation and implementation of clinical IT projects (Mostly Ancillary Systems-OB/Lab/LIS, RIS, SIS, PeriOp and Post-Acute), systems
- Works collaboratively to design, implement and maintain clinical applications.
- Evaluates and supervises projects, systems, and initiatives at both the department and the enterprise level. Utilizes standard project planning methodologies.
- Knowledgeable in all present and planned applications installed or to be installed. Displays expertise in clinical applications.
- Develops specifications to support the design of new or modified clinical applications.
- Functions as a liaison between clinical staff and information technology staff.
- Maintains voice of the customer in all project initiatives.
- Serves as the link between the clinical staff (customer) requirements and IS capabilities.
- Seeks to promote a positive working relationship at all times.
- Ensures system support clinical quality, patient safety, and institutional efficiency.
- Ensures systems are implemented to support Health System initiatives and goals to improve the quality of patient care, to maximize patient safety, and to provide operational efficiencies.
- Serves as a resource to the CMIO.
- Evaluates proposed projects and forms recommendations utilizing both clinical and analytical skills.
- Ensures high quality execution of all proposed projects.
- Demonstrates familiarity with all current hospital information systems.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of registration systems, prescriber order entry, electronic medical records, Pharmacy, Radiology and Laboratory Information Systems, Picture Archiving and communication systems (PACS), and rules engines.
- MD Degree in any specialty, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years post graduate training, including five (5) years of Medicine and clinical Information system implementation (EHR/EMR, CPOE) experience.
- Ancillary Informatics experience a big plus.
- Working familiarity with departmental applications (e.g. pharmacy, laboratory, radiology), and key information technologies underlying clinical information systems (i.e. Relational Database Systems, integration technologies - HL7, XML, CDA), required.
- Knowledge of medical vocabularies (i.e. SNOMED, ICD9, LOINC, UMLS, Enterprise Master Patient Index, ARDEN syntax, Biomedical Device Gateways, Data Warehousing, and Business Intelligence tools, required.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to deal