Director, Contracts Management
One Capitol Hill, 4th floor Providence, Rhode Island 02908
Position Title: Director, Contracts Management
Job Location: Providence, RI
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: yes
Required Skill Sets: executive presence, expert level experience with very large contract negotiations, multi-vendor, complex projects
- Review, draft and negotiate agreements, including NDAs, SaaS Agreements, Vendor Agreements, and all other forms of commercial agreements.
- Exercise excellent judgment in making legal and business decisions while providing contract interpretations and guidance to internal teams to ensure compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with global cross-functional teams (Sales, Legal, Finance, Marketing, and People Operations) in order to quickly resolve legal and business challenges.
- Conduct various contract-related research, projects, and other duties as assigned by the CIO and Business Leads.
- Participates in issuance of and/or management of solicitations (RFP, bidding, etc.)
- Lead contracting processes interfacing with external parties (outside counsel, regulators, client legal departments, etc.). to ensure compliant with Company' s contracting & internal policies.
- Manage all legal documentation and contracts, including but not limited to, customer contracts, vendor contracts, data use agreements, non-disclosure agreements, partnership structure proposals, etc.
- Coordinate and assist in developing policies, procedures and systems to support and facilitate efficient contract development and analysis.
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school is required.
- 5-7 years of experience is required with a minimum of three (3), years of experience drafting and negotiating complex, strategic contract strategies and offerings.
- Strong In-house Contract experience focused on negotiating with procurement as well as designing and developing contracts for multiple settings
- IP contract experience as it relates to technology development.
- Proven ability to maintain customer rapport with negotiation expertise in dynamic environment
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to work closely with executive leadership to manage contract-rev rec issues
- Knowledge of contract, commercial and general business laws and regulations.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to gain trust at, and work with, all levels of organization.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data.
- Must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication skills.