Director, IT Infrastructure PMO
32 Hartwell Ave Lexington, MA 02421
Position Title: Director, IT Infrastructure PMO
Job Location: Greater Boston area
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: yes
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the management and delivery of large and complex projects across various functional areas and/or organizations. Expertise required in project management with a proven ability to build relationships at all levels in the organization and drive results in a matrix environment with a high degree of change, growth, and ambiguity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for directing the Infrastructure Project Management Office activities and functions.
- Provide project management guidance and mentoring for Infrastructure PMO staff and other project managers.
- Organize appropriate training programs regarding project management techniques.
- Establish, maintain and communicate best practices around project management technique.
- Direct the selection, implementation, and support of appropriate project management tools for use on all IT projects.
- Prepare management activity and progress reports on all department activities.
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company’ s mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned business units.
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned business units.
- Direct and control the broad activities of the business units through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional areas.
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommendation and implementation changes of current methods.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Interprets and provides recommendations for change of company-wide policies and practices. Establishes policies appropriate for the function.
- Responsible for managing a functional area on a national level, or multiple functional areas within a company division. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several lower department managers within the company.
- Significant organizational impact responsible for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommending and implementing changes to current methods. Ensures that budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Interacts with all levels within the organization to manage functional area. Overall responsibility for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Infrastructure and Project Management Office and Organizational Development staff.
Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 10+ years’ related experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Manager; or 5+ years’ experience in a senior managerial role.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Senior management position in a large multi-divisional corporation.
- Proven management and business skills.
- Proven knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Proven leadership, organizational, and planning skills.
- Proven experience in operational IT environment.
- PMO knowledge and experience.
- Experience with Project Management tools and best practices.
- Experience with application development and software development life cycle methodologies.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity