Director Clinical Information Systems - Pharmacy Physician (Direct Hire)
new york, New York
Works collaboratively with both the Information Technology leadership and the clinical community to provide medical leadership in evaluation and implementation of clinical IT projects, systems, and initiatives to support pharmacy& pharmaceutical-related initiatives at the enterprise, service line & facility levels.
1. Works collaboratively to optimize technology solutions to support strategic pharmacy initiatives at both the department and the enterprise level. Utilizes standard project planning methodologies. Is knowledgeable in all present and planned applications installed or to be installed. Displays expertise in clinical applications. Develops specifications to support the design of new or modified clinical applications.
2. Demonstrates strategic leadership and thought processes as well as significant knowledge in Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Medication Safety, Medication Utilization and clinical practice.
3. Functions as a liaison between clinical staff, pharmacy service line, and the information technology staff. Maintains the voice of the customer in all project initiatives. Serves as the link between the clinical staff (customer) requirements and IS capabilities. Seeks to promote a positive working relationship at all times.
4. Serves as a resource to the ACMIO. Utilizes both clinical and analytical skills in evaluating proposed projects and forming recommendations. Assures high quality execution of all approved projects.
5. Demonstrates familiarity with all current hospital information systems. Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of registration systems, prescriber order entry, electronic medical records, Pharmacy, Radiology and Laboratory Information Systems, Picture Archiving and communication systems (PACS) and rules engines.
6. Performs related duties, as required.
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy required.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience including Hospital Medication Safety, Pharmacy and Clinical IS Applications. Extensive experience with Pharmacy information systems and other pharmacy automation tools (e.g. automated dispensing, point-of-care dispensing cabinets). Extensive experience with point-of-care clinical Information system implementation experience (e.g. POE, medication administration systems). Working familiarity with departmental applications (laboratory, radiology), Relational Database Systems (MS SQL Server, Oracle), Health Level 7 Interface engine experience, Microsoft IIS/Internet Explorer technologies required. Knowledge of controlled medical vocabulary (SNOMED, ICD9, LOINC, UMLS) preferred.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to deal with clinicians and administrators.