One Columbus Plaza
| Work from home flexibility
Job Number: 21203
Position: Director of Corporate Business and Shared Services Delivery
Location: New Haven, CT – Hybrid Onsite (2 days/ week)
Job Type: Direct Hire
The Corporate Business & Shared Services Delivery Director is responsible for all application management functions and initiatives for the Corporate segment of the business, including Financial, HR, Legal, and IT. Scope includes overall global practice development encompassing defining policies, structures, cross-functional governance and integration of IT capabilities needed to deliver and support application solutions across the company.
This individual is an experienced strategic thought-leader with expertise in procuring and managing cloud applications as well as defining and delivering custom application solutions and is keenly aware of the pulse, trends and innovative ideas of the industry. This leader facilitates improvements by applying cross-functional business knowledge to change approaches and working practices, typically using recognized models, best practices, standards, and methodologies. This role also provides advice and assistance in improving the quality of software development by focusing on process definition, management, repeatability and measurement.
- Manages the Corporate portfolio of business requests including ideation & research, business case development, business analysis & requirements gathering, and solution development & implementation.
- Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on portfolio related activities. Ensures that each part of the portfolio contributes to the overall achievement of the portfolio.
- Establishes client requirements for the implementation of significant changes in organizational mission, business functions and process, organizational roles and responsibilities, and scope or nature of solutions delivery.
- Organizes scoping and business priority setting for business changes involving business policymakers and direction setters.
- Engages with and influences senior stakeholders to improve the business value delivered from new or existing services and products.
- Participates in the creation and review of an enterprise application capability strategy to support the strategic requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies.
- Participates in the definition and implementation of the organization's application initiative portfolio management framework and alignment with business strategy objectives and with emerging IT and digital opportunities.
- Ensures enterprise strategy governing the direction and conduct of program management for application management, including application of appropriate delivery and support methodologies is followed. Aligns the program objectives with business objectives, and participates in the selection and planning of all related projects and activities including delegation to business aligned Solutions Delivery Managers.
- Plans, directs, and co-ordinates activities (with scope crossing functions) to manage and implement complex programs from contract/proposal initiation to full integration with "business as usual while assuring appropriate and effective governance.
- Supports and collaborates with other team members to ensure that the delivery and transfer to operations for new and/or changed application services are successful and in line with expectations for quality and best practices.
- Drives the adoption of design recommendations from enterprise architecture by ensuring a common and consistent implementation across Corporate and Shared Services.
- Promotes development of modern technology applications influenced by industry-based models. Develops effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with business needs. Ensures adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security).
- Promotes the enterprise vision for how stakeholder objectives are met and assists with determining organizational roles and alignment. Actively manages relationships with stakeholders.
- Communicates the potential impact of emerging practices and technologies on organizations and individuals in the application domain and assesses the risks of using or not using such practices and technologies.
- Leads, empowers, and motivates team through mentorship and coaching to continue to grow personally and professionally.
- Forges close partnerships with IT teams and business units to ensure a collaborative and coordinated strategy to understand the collective vision to bring value to the company.
- Fosters a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, support, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Manages the staff and operations for assigned area, including resource management, hiring recommendations, performance appraisals including developing and monitoring performance standards, succession planning, and all related employment issues.
- Ensures adherence to company policy.
- On-call and/or after-hours work required.
Professionalism/Personal Accountability, Collaboration and Teamwork, Communication, Flexible and Adapts to Change, Service to Customers and Clients
Additional competencies for managers: Strategic Planning, Talent Development, Leadership
- Experience in implementing and/or supporting ERP Platforms.
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing high performing teams.
- Possesses a full range of application management, strategic management, business process improvement, financial management, strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Experienced in leading application development, implementations, and operations.
- Expertise in procuring and managing cloud-based applications.
- Understands financial management including relevant tools and technology trends.
- Understands, explains and presents complex ideas to audiences at all levels in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- Has a broad and deep business knowledge, including the activities and practices of other organizations.
- Has a deep understanding of the industry and the implications of emerging technologies for the wider business environment.
- Experienced in application management delivery methodologies (agile, iterative, DevOps, waterfall, testing, micro-services, lean six sigma, etc.).
- Knowledgeable in IT Service Management and experienced in ITIL Service Design, Service Operation and Service Transition.
- Proven experience in managing a managed service provider.
- Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences when engaging with colleagues, users/customers, suppliers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Experience working and communicating with Executive level management.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously with the ability and willingness to adapt to change, work in a fast-paced environment, and work well under pressure.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Experience in the Financial Services and Life Insurance industries.
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment.
- Experience with SAP S4/Hana, SAC, and Success Factors.
- Knowledge of Coupa Business Spend Management.
- Knowledge of ADP Time & Attendance and Payroll systems.
- Knowledge of Banking (EFT, EBS, Lockbox).
- Knowledge of ServiceNow
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Business, or related field AND 10-15+ years leadership experience in relevant area of business or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Comfortable facilitating functional workshops with customers, document/capture requirements, and design appropriate solutions.
- Familiar with DevOps or other similar enterprise planning and delivery tools.
- Experience communicating and translating technical concepts to non-technical customers and business leaders.
- Ability to sit the majority of the workday.
- Ability to engage in meetings and conversations for extended periods of time.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Delivery Lead