Director of Customer Service
One Columbus Plaza New Haven, Connecticut 06510-3326
Position: Director of Customer Service
Job Location: New Haven, CT
Interview: Phone & In person interview
Type: Direct To Hire
- The Director of Customer Service will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all Contact Center operations, including, workforce planning, quality management, and training, while leading a management team of approximately five direct reports. Core duties include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the customer experience. Tactical emphasis is on quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training. A commitment to excellence is demonstrated through continuous staff development programs enhancing employee engagement, service levels, knowledge, skills, and morale.
- The Director’ s success is measured by the organization’ s ability to provide high quality services while meeting Service Levels, improving call performance, increased use of resources and adoption of new proven technologies to increase efficiency and achievement of metrics. The leader in this role actively contributes to the overall company operational targets as well as the daily business performance.
- Develops strategic plans and goals and provides leadership to ensure the organization meets high level of customer experiences.
- Lead, motivate and develop management staff in assigned operational areas. Build shared commitment to improving business performance and develop both individual and team capabilities.
- Partners with Human Resources to coordinate employee relations activities and ensure a proactive, participatory, and engaged workplace environment exists.
- Reviews performance metrics, reports and develop action plans to ensure performance targets are met through the continuous improvement process.
- Ensures that quality standards, procedures and policies are properly maintained in accordance with regulatory, and compliance guidelines.
- Develops short and long term staffing plans to drive high quality customer service results, including forecasting and daily service level goal attainment.
- Facilitates positive and proactive operations by developing partnerships with peer Operations leaders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven decision making skills and ability to multi-task required.
- Requires strong leadership and proven coaching skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, motivation and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of call/contact center dynamics and operating metrics, including technology and operational performance requirements.
- Strong commitment to customer service and quality required.
- Candidate must be detailed orientated with strong organization, presentation and prioritization skills.
Systems and Technical Knowledge
- Contact Center Technologies and Capabilities.
- Microsoft word and excel.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Background in Customer Service and/or Operations with at least 10 years of experience is required. Financial Services experience preferred, with experience leading a management team is a plus.