Director of IT
1295 Boylston St Boston, Massachusetts 02215
Position: Director of IT
Location: Boston, MA
Must Haves: 8-10+ yrs experience, bachelor’ s degree, masters preferred, experience managing a large budget & managing staff
Interview: Must be able to interview on site
- Providing executive leadership in assessing and planning the computing needs of the Hospital Center. Working closely with theMedical Director, Hospital and Leadership to identify IS priorities and needs.
- Directing all information services. Overseeing the design, development, purchase and implementation of both in-house and commercially developed software applications to aid the Hospital in their activities. Meeting with commercial vendors to conduct evaluations and reviews; and supervise the management team with ultimate responsibility for 40 staff and over 6M in annual budget.
- Establishing and maintaining a working relationship with the Chief Information Officer and other key members of Hospital to ensure that systems coincide with strategies and standards.
- Establishing close working ties with Cerner and Epic teams, as part of developing a deep understanding of how those and other hospital wide systems integrate. Developing the experience and relationships to evaluate their potential role as solutions to requirements.
- Assisting the management team with development of annual budgets and schedules to meet the information services’ needs. Projecting the cost and recommends prioritization of software and hardware purchases, as well as in-house applications development.
- Ensuring that systems installed within meet the minimum industry standards with regards to interfaces, integration, imaging and general computing as well as meeting HIPPA and other regulatory compliance requirements.
- Interviewing, selecting, promoting, disciplining and discharging supervisory employees in the group in accordance with personnel policy and practice. Reviewing performance appraisals and proposed merit increases ensuring consistency amongst all employees within the IS group.
- Communicating with the other clinical and administrative staff, and with Directors where appropriate to ensure the development of technically consistent and supportable clinical applications.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Computer Science required combined with at least 6-10 years of experience
- Skills relating to management acquired through completion of a Masters in Information Management or an equivalent in experience and training is preferred
- The ability to effectively manage the employees within assigned department/division and to persuade and negotiate with peer level department heads and/or with external agencies/facilities on issues and programs that impact assigned department as well as several other large departments/divisions