Director of Training and Development
One Columbus Plaza New Haven, Connecticut 06510-3326
Position: Director of Training and Development
Job Location: New Haven, CT
Interview Expectations: Phone & In Person
Local Candidate: Local
The Director of T&D will partner with business leaders to strategize, implement and execute organizational development solutions aimed at talent management, performance development, diversity and inclusion, change management, career development, and team/leader effectiveness. This position is accountable for designing, planning, organizing, and implementing the Order’ s training and development programs with the overall goal of enhancing organizational effectiveness. This position works with HR Business Partners to execute enterprise performance management, succession planning, talent reviews, individual leader assessment, and organization-wide training. This person will be responsible for developing and implementing solutions that are innovative, efficient, and add value across the company. This position is responsible for mapping learning needs against our competency model and writing and delivering interactive, multichannel and sound learning opportunities.
- Responsible for the strategic development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of a cohesive organizational training strategy, learning tools and programs.
- Communicate and negotiate with departmental leaders to ensure that all training is either provided by or supervised by a member of the Enterprise Training and Development team.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Leadership and Management Team to identify and bridge educational gaps through training to enhance overall defined results for each department within the company.
- Lead a training team responsible for curricula design, development, e-learning, course maintenance and training delivery.
- Conduct assessments and uses data to provide consultation on organizational effectiveness interventions that will close gaps from current to desired future state in employee effectiveness, performance and engagement.
- Ensure operational oversight of training effectiveness through measurement of programs. This should include development of ROI for classes and programs, introduction of reinforcement of behavioral change post-training and measures of added value for Germania.
- Oversee the preparation of organizational assessments and diagnostics for team and organization development.
- Use defined methodologies to identify critical issues and root causes and implementing appropriate solutions to improve individual, team & organizational effectiveness.
Learning and Development
- Assess learning and development areas of opportunities and needs across all levels. Identify and prioritize mission critical skills. Recommend, develop and implement customized learning strategies to meet short and long-term capability/skill requirements to effectively execute the business strategy.
- Build strong relationships across the HR team and the corporate leadership in order to inform, support and execute T&D strategy.
- Manage and lead the Training and Development team including any consulting resources.
- Create evaluation mechanisms to test learning efficacy and create opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ensure company compliance for all regulatory training.
- Manage enterprise T & D calendar, invitations and tracking.
- Design and develop quality organizational development frameworks, processes, and tools to be leveraged throughout the HR function for assigned business units.
- Develop and implement effective solutions that will drive strategic organizational growth.
- Partner with HRBPs to build and implement new, more agile and effective organizations.
Systems and Technical Knowledge:
- MS Office.
- LMS platforms would be helpful.
Education: Bachelor’ s Degree required. Advanced degree preferred; preferably in Organizational Development, Human Resources or related field.
Experience: 7+ years of experience in a Training and Development/Organizational Development or HR Business partner experience in a corporate environment. Financial services industry experience a plus. 5 - 10 years of progressive Training & Development Management experience required.
Licensing and Certification: Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) is a plus, nice if candidates have.
This is a Direct Hire Order for the HR Department in New Haven Office.