8801 Indian Hills Dr Omaha, Nebraska 68114
Position Title: Instructional Designer
Job Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Interview Expectations: Phone and In Person Interview
Local Candidate: Yes
Required Skill Sets:
It is key for the Instructional Designer,
+To have experience and/or understanding of working on an agile project. The system will change as they develop their material, so that content needs to be flexible enough to handle quick turnaround updates.
+To have had experiencing developing and/or creating software simulations, videos, podcasts, job aids, e-learning modules-a range of alternatives to having people sit in the classroom.
+To be comfortable working in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
+To be able to share their expertise and best practices with the team. Due to the sheer velocity of work on the project, they will need to allow others on their team assist with the heavy workload.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
This position will develop, implement and evaluate complex training content to ensure organizational readiness for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. Will also champion and enhance organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Training and Development
* Coordinates complex training plans and programs for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility to meet departmental training objectives within an agile project environment.
* Develops multimedia training materials, procedures, manuals and/or visual aids to meet objectives of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Develops and conducts training needs assessments and determines training requirements for new program development.
* Conducts training and ongoing training evaluations to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommends more complex training modifications as necessary.
* Serves as a trusted training resource and ensures training materials, plans and/or programs reflect business needs and organizational readiness of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Proactively collaborates and communicates with appropriate internal/external stakeholders to address more complex training gaps to optimize organizational performance.
* Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
* Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
* Remains current in profession and industry trends.
* Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement- Learning new skills, procedures and processes
* Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* 4 Year/Bachelors Degree (Degree in Training Development or Instructional Design preferred) or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
* 3-5 years training, instructional design, adult learning, and/or performance experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
* Functional knowledge aligned with area of expertise
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, including the ability to interact with general partners and other leaders of the firm
* Demonstrates personal initiative, strong interpersonal and advanced project management skills
* Demonstrates organization and time management skills to meet deadlines
* Knowledge of Group Protection products and concepts, practices and procedures used in the industry highly desired
* Skilled in the use of e-learning tools
* Demonstrated experience in virtual training methods including WebEx and video software preferred
* Drives performance targets to completion Additional Job Details: