EMR/Practice Management Administrator
Methuen, Massachusetts 01844
Position Title: EMR/Practice Management Administrator
Job Location: Methuen, MA
Type: Direct Hire
Interview Expectations: Phone and in-person
Required: Clinical/revenue cycle EMR experience
The primary responsibility of this position is the on-going development, maintenance, and utilization of the Electronic Medical Record/Practice Management (EMR/PM) system and other related EMR/PM system add-ons. Under the supervision of the Information Systems Applications Manager, maintains the `Centricity CPS System and all related documentation to ensure the accurate and timely processing of all patient related transactions and the generation of reports. The EMR/PM Administrator is also responsible for the complete and efficient documentation of the patient encounter as required supporting safe and complete patient care and billing cycle. The EMR/PM Administrator is expected to work with the entire client team as well as the Information Services Team.
• Act as the technical, analytical and functional expert on the Electronic Medical Record/Practice Management software and its ancillary products and related interfaces.
• Help to maintain all master files of the Centricity system including but not limited to insurance companies, fee schedules, diagnosis and procedure codes, scheduling resources and providers, locations of care, facilities, types, etc.
• Become subject matter expert in Visualutions Reporting and VisAnalytics to support UDS and other grant reporting initiatives.
• Provide management and support staff with the appropriate data required for reporting compliance and adherence to Meaningful Use Standards by editing/updating existing reports and other Application embedded reporting.
• Under the direction of the Applications Manager, support the Finance and Practice Management departments to insure the timely availability of data and reports through the proper use of the Visualutions and Centricity systems as required by billing regulations and Senior Management.
• Support administration for Opentempo scheduling system assigning the users to the proper user group for appropriate view access.
• Maintain master files for efficient Electronic Medical Record/Practice Management Use. (IE: Fee schedules and other billing related items.)
• Develop and maintain a library of Practice Management Receivable reports using the reporting tools provided with the Athena Centricity CPS software system, (i.e. Crystal Reports, VisAnalytics and the Standard Athena and Visualutions reports).
• Assist others in creating and using Practice Management reports that will be needed in an ongoing basis.
• Assist the Information Systems Applications Manager and staff to ensure that all transactions necessary to close fiscal periods are entered and the system month close function has been successfully completed within 7 business days of the calendar month end.
• Assist with the identification and structure of workflow issues as they relate to the EMR/PM and its ancillary products.
• Assess training needs in EMR/PM and recommend training programs, as needed.
• Work with management to facilitate the adoption of new workflow processes in order to provide improved and more efficient patient care.
• Periodically act as a liaison for client with the Athena Centricity and Visualutions Help desk support team on issues that are not able to be resolved in-house.
• Assist in development, maintenance and dissemination of policies and procedures as relates to the EMR/PM and its ancillary products and their use at the client.
• Create and maintain appropriate training documentation of the Practice Management software and its ancillary products when necessary.
• Coordinate with Information Systems staff as needed for periodic software upgrades, hardware upgrades, and software coordination between PM and EMR.
• Act as the primary contact for the Information Systems Department to coordinate and assist in executing testing scripts on all new versions of EMR/PM and its ancillary products prior to general release at the client.
• Work with Information Systems staff as needed to coordinate installation, training, roll-out dates, and on-going support for the EMR/PM and its ancillary products updates. (Visualutions, Summit, Clearwave, etc.)
• Integrate department/workgroup improvement initiatives with system-wide projects and strategic aims.
• Clearly communicate and/or escalate to their Manager, IS staff, and Support Services, and other concerned entities (vendors, etc.) when necessary, regarding any IS Application issues or disruptions (planned or unplanned) to insure clear communication and minimize Customer/user impact.
• Work collaboratively with internal and external groups in a team environment to improve overall customer service and support. On a regular basis participate in ongoing quality improvement activities related to individual, team, and organizational performance improvement.
• Complete all activities within client security policies and practices to insure the safety and privacy of data, its clients, and its resources.
• Act as the Patient Portal Point Person by keeping that initiative moving forward in any way possible. (Daily monitoring of the desktops, writing new procedures, etc.)
• Create periodic ad hoc queries to be used by end users as needed.
• Assumes any and all additional duties consistent with the aforementioned responsibilities.
• Travel between sites will be required.
• One to three years of experience supporting an Electronic Medical Record/Practice Management and Healthcare registration system.
• Ability to train people on new functionality Demonstrated experience in the implementation and ongoing support of an Electronic Medical Record/Practice Management system strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills in an electronic documentation environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of EMR/PM documentation, coding and billing concepts in a health center environment preferred.
• Ability to travel both locally and nationally.
• Ability to function independently, consulting with clinical and non-clinical staff, prioritizing job responsibilities, and helping those involved in common projects to achieve milestones and according to project time-line.
• Must possess excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Bachelor' s Degree in computers or information systems, or equivalent, and knowledge of medical or health-related fields.